5. Story of My Life

Harry’s POV

Niall wasn’t lying when he said it was packed, and there were a lot of hot girls, but I still could not get those brown eyes out of my head. I closed my eyes and waited for Nialls guitar introduction. I remember writing this song. I remember my…dad, telling us stories of him and my mother and how in love they were. That was all before everything, had gone wrong. All the memories of our family frozen in time in a scrapbook my mother kept, that I now had. Then the song just came to me after flipping through all those happy moments.

 I let the music take over and I open my eyes to look at the crowd. All these people living their lives with their own problems and happy moments. They all share this moment together listening to my music. That is what I love about writing music and the best thing about music in general. It just brings people together. I glance down to the people closer to the stage and I catch the eye of a hot blonde with big boobs and grey eyes in a sequenced black dress swaying in a slightly drunken state, and she blows me a kiss and I give her a wink back. That is what I usually do to flirty girls when I’m on stage. I look in a different direction, and…there she is. At least I think it’s her, I could be going completely mad since I have thought of practically nothing else since I saw her earlier today. The girl has her eyes closed and her hair is covering half her face so it is a bit hard to tell. No, it has to be the girl with no smile, and again she looks so sad.

Ava’s POV

Harry’s voice was everywhere and everyone was swaying and nodding their heads to the sound of it. I was captured by those stormy eyes and the way his pink lips moved around each syllable of the lyrics. I closed my eyes to better listen to the beautiful song, and distract myself from his face. The words we just so powerful:

“Story of my life, I take her home

I drive all night, to keep her warm

And time, is frooozen.

The story of my life I give her hope

I spend her love, until she’s broke inside

The story of my life…”           

Images flash like lights, of memories riding in the car with Jude, and him looking over at me and smiling while holding my hand. Then an image of completely totaled car with ambulance around burns my eyes and heart and my eyes shoot open, and when they do they lock gaze with Harry’s. He looks completely shocked to see me, but doesn’t miss a beat in his song. I give him a sheepish grin and try to silently say with my eyes ‘what are the odds’, but the odds seem to be in my favor when it comes to this boy, well, kinda. He gives me in a return an appreciative smirk accompanied with his dimple that I simply cannot get over. I look over to the guitar player, and Niall is rockin’ out and gives me a full on smile and winks at me again and I laugh a bit at that confident boy. Harry seems to notice the gesture from Niall to me and Harrys’ eyebrows pull together in confusion and slight hostility? Niall was unaware of Harry’s swift glare.

Harry’s POV

Her chocolate eyes shoot open with fear in them, but they quickly shift to disbelief when they lock with mine, and I’m sure mine are the same.

 How did she know that I wanted her to be here? I was trying to invite her before that infernal phone went off at her store and took her attention away from me. Then my phone had to take me away from her, and I left a note with her friend and I hoped he would give it to her. I’m still not sure if he did, but either way I found her. Or maybe she found me. She gave me a grin and shrugged her shoulders, and she just looked so cute. Then her eyes shifted and I followed her gaze to Niall and he gave her one of his goofy smiles and the generic wink we give girls, and she laughed. How did he make the girl with no smile laugh and why was their stare so lingering? Then it just clicked to me. Niall was talking about a girl before we came out. Ava couldn’t be the girl he was talking about, could she? The thought irritated me.