Chapter 24: Coming Out

Percy

I wake up the next day, my homework scattered all over the floor, and the TV still on. The time was 6:30 in the morning. I walk back to my room and take a quick shower. As I step out of the shower and put my towel on, I hear the front door open and then a few minutes later my room door. I get changed as fast as I could to see who it is.

"Hello?" I say, opening my bathroom door.

"Hey!" said Annabeth.

"What are you doing here?"

"You could just tell me to leave if you want me to"

"No" I say sitting down next to her, "I didn't mean it like that I am just surprised to see you"

"Oh well, I do have another reason though. My car broke down so I need a ride to school and Piper is already at school with Jason so..." She looked at me, smiling.

"Why is Jason at school so early?"

"He had a swi-" She covered her mouth a quickly at she could.

"He had a what? There is no swim meeting today"

"Yeah I know there isn't"

"Annabeth"

"Ok fine, they are holding a surprise for you"

"Why?"

"There's a swim competition in one week right?"

"Oh"

Annabeth stood up and took my hand, "Come on let go to school"

"Annie, about school, why do you run off in the mornings?"

"Um. I-. People don't know that we're dating"

"Well then I'll tell them"

"No Percy! We can't. They ruin everything and we re doing so great right now!" She pulled me to the door.

"But we have to, I can't just sit around while they try make other girls date me. I want everyone to know that we are dating"

"Ok, fine" I kiss her and we head out of my room.

I look down surprised, all my homework that was on the floor was in my bag. I smiled gratefully at Annabeth and we went to school.

As soon as we reached the steps of the school, the newspaper guys came out again asking (screaming) questions. I decided that enough was enough. I took Annabeth's hand in mine and lance our hands. She smiled and walked up the stairs. As we reached the top I shouted, "Hey!! Can you guys SHUT UP for one SECOND!!" Everyone fell silent and starred at me.

"So you guys want to know who I'm dating right? Everyone, this is Annabeth Chase, my girlfriend. Leave her and me alone and stop spreading fake rumors about people. Goodbye!"

I turned around, Annabeth following me and we walked into school with everyone silent. I felt good. Knowing that I can make people shut up.

I held Annabeth's hand until we got to her locker. She looked embarrassed but surprised at the same time.

"Annabeth, what I did. Was that ok? I mean I didn't really ask yo-"

"It's ok. It's more than ok. We're fine"

"Well... ok if you say so" I give her a smile and she smiles back. I press her up to her locker and kiss her. Her hands find their way to my hair and neck and I hold her steady by the hip.

*cough cough*

I looked up to see who it was. Ugh. Jason and Piper.

"Dude, you're blocking someone's way"

"Oh I'm so sorry" Annabeth said while stepping away.

"Haha who's laughing now" smirked Jason.

"Me, because I'm going to kick your ass during swim" I say, giving Annabeth a kiss and goodbye and then walking away.

"So not true!" Jason exclaimed, even though we both knew I would win in a race.

"Ok then!" I shouted back.

The rest of the day, no one talked to me except Jason, Leo, and Frank. Nico walked past me but he was talking with this Will kid. I asked Frank and he said that they have Chemistry together. He was smiling and laughing, something no one has ever made Nico do! This Will kid was a miracle!