Chapter 9

My fangs sunk into Amber's neck and his blood flowed into my mouth. It tasted so good I moaned out. she was struggling and I pinned her harder to the floor. Did she not realize I could rip her throat out in an instant? she was yelling, I could feel the vibrations in my fangs, but I couldn't make out what she was saying. Someone grabbed my shoulder and I pulled out of Amber's neck, whipping around and pushing away whoever it was. My fangs sunk back into the puncture holes in Amber's neck and I sucked greedily.

"MICHAEL!"

I heard Trish's voice and I backed away from Amber.

"A...Amber I-I'm so sorry."

Everybody surrounded her and someone yelled for the first aid kit. I felt the tears pouring down my face. I listened to the strangled sobs coming from Amber and I turned before flitting out of the hotel.

I ran like mad, trying to put as much distance between the guys and I as I could. I shook my head. What had I done? I could have killed my best friend. I could have killed my girlfriend. I could have killed anyone on the bus. I could have killed a fan. I tripped and landed heavily on my chest. It didn't hurt but I didn't bother to get back up. I lay where I was, crying, hating myself. Amber could die and it would all be my fault. I sat up and jumped into the nearest tree, curling into a ball when I was high in the branches. I slapped myself round the face.

"Stupid, worthless creature."

It was times like this that I hated myself for what I was, what I had become. I should have controlled my blood lust. My tears had stopped but my self hatred was increasing by the second. I closed my eyes and I fell asleep.

"Michael! Baby?"

My eyes flickered open and darted quickly around the floor. I could smell Trish but couldn't see where she was.

"Michael? Please, where are you?"

I licked my dry, cracked lips and breathed heavily.

"T?"

I jumped down from the tree and she screamed out of shock before running towards me and throwing her arms around my neck.

"I was so worried about you."

I looked down. "Is Amber alright?"

Trish swallowed hard. "she's thrashing about and screaming, clawing at her neck. Jake told me to see if I could find you."

I closed my eyes.

"Michael, do you know what's happening to her?"

"I think I left venom in her neck. she's turning into a vampire."

I pulled Trish onto my back and flitted back to the Hotel.

Halfway back to the tour bus, my sensitive ears picked up Amber's screams. They seemed weak and I cursed under my breath, speeding up slightly. I got onto the tour bus and knelt next to Amber.

"Hey, Amber."

she looked terrified to see me and shook her head.

"I'm not going to do anything. I can't do anything anyway." I took her hand. "I'm just gonna be here for you because I know what you're going through."

she nodded and screamed again. I swallowed and cursed myself in my head. The venom spreading through her bloodstream would feel like fire. I only just managed to handle it and Amber was weaker than I was. she suddenly fell quiet and her body lay still. Jinxx took a few steps forward.

"Is she - dead?"

I shook my head. "Give her a few minutes."

Amber sat up, his eyes blood red and I felt guilt strike me. I grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the hotel and dragged her into the forest before she hurt someone in the band. I had to make sure she could control her blood lust. It was the only thing I could do now that I had turned her.