♛Five♛

Five

Waiting to be someone else, is a waste of person you are.

-Marilyn Monroe-

Ylejah:

"Ya' sure?" Zayna Hermosa. I heaved a satiating breath reading a little of information 'bout that sneaky-hand street rat.

"Certainly, sir. She's a graduating college student. Nagtatrabaho sa gabi bilang waitress at entertainer—well, kumakanta siya minsan. She's also a martial arts trainor."

Gerald just called all the information to Jasper. Both were my private investigators who worked on the field for me while I was here in my twin cedars mansion in Burnaby, Canada. Yet the two kept on updating about their special task—keeping an eye of that little rascal, Zayna Hermosa..

She worked hard, huh? Coz she only got three months.. As what I gotta had to deal with her—after her graduation. Damn. People like her shouldn't be conveyed by her unlawful deeds—she deserved to be kicked inside the jail.

Yet, that pitiable voice.. Her story and her damn pretty face! Who am I not to give her a chance to graduate before..before I put her in jail?

She must learn her lessons as I learned mine. Guess she wasn't a liar after all, huh? Based upon the e-mailed documents—she had a hard life. One little brave rat!

"Alright then, continue tailing her in whatever she does. Her uncanny persona mustn't be underrated." I played my growing beard on my face visioning her—how many days has it been?

"Daddy's here.. Look!"

Just as I ended my video call to with Jasper, Tara Winterson stepped in. 'Akay nito ang anak kong si Lana na nakasimangot habang papunta sa'kin—she's five years old and a smart gorgeous little princess.

Alana, my wife..left me such a beautiful creation. Lana is my life..

After that horrifying accident—it was a miracle that Lana survived, but my wife? And everytime, I thought about that day—it's tormenting. It's still killing me..

Not in POV:

"What's wrong with that face, cupcake? Come here.."

Bumataw ito 'agad sa kamay ni Tara, ang nakababatang kapatid ni Alana, Ylejah's late wife..

"I don't like her." Lana candidly rustled. She sat on his father's lap and hugged him tight while muttering words against her aunt Tara. Ylejah apologetically eyed to Tara who was followed by his butler, Mr. Tim and handed her his black coffee.

"Thank you, Tim. You may leave.. Here's your coffee, Ylejah." Tara placed the coffee on his busy table.

They were in his private huge business-class office in his own mansion and Ylejah was a bit surprised by Tara's visit amidst the stormy night. Tumango lamang si Ylejah saka inakay ang naglalambing na anak. Tumayo ito.

Lana has diagnosed with Arrhythmia since she was a three-month old baby. Lana's heart's electrical system doesn't function normally and causes her heart to beat faster or slower than normal, or erratically. Her doctor's affirmed that the major cause was the tragic accident when Alana was still conceiving the child.

"It isn't your job, Tara but--thank you."

Ylejah's sister-in-law had been always at his side since the day his wife passed. Raising a child alone while business competing at the same time wasn't easy—he was thankful that Yvonne, Ylejahs sister helped his brother in raising the child.