♛One ♛

One

It's hard to wake from a nightmare when the nightmare is real.

-Kristin Cashore-

"I know you'll take good care of my sister, Blaire. Yet, I'm afraid I couldn't stay long. My future investors are waiting for me to show up." Ylejah Ortega, Ysla's older brother stood up from his silver chair.

A luxurious wedding reception was thrown by Blaire Ademar only for his beloved wife. Cameras were flashing to the newly weds yet paparazzi's curious bright light was up to Clyde Ortega's adopted son and older brother of Ysla Ortega-Ademar, Ylejah Ortega.

"I will, Ylejah. Ysla here is really hoping you could stay a bit long and fly with us to Pah tomorrow morning."

Sabi ni Blaire. Tumango at malapad na ngumiti si Ylejah saka niyakap ang kapatid nasi Ysla. Gustohin man niyang sumabay sa dal'wa pauwi sa bayan ng Pah na matagal na niyang gustong puntahan para magkasyon, marami pa talaga itong aasikasohin.

"Yeah, Pah is a very beautiful place, kuya. Perhaps Lana will like it there, too."

Ysla still coaxed his brother to be with them tomorrow. Gusto niya itong ipasyal sa hacienda Ademar at baka magustohan ni Lana na mas manatili doon kesa sa Canada, mainit doon ngayon dahil summer at sa kalagayan ni Lana—she needs fresh air and relaxing ambiance. Nag-aalala lamang si Ysla para kay Lana.

"Soon, Ysla. Come Ynia, say goodbye to uncle." Karga ng yaya nito ang anak nina Blaire at Ynia at saka masiglang nagpakarga sa tito Ylejah niya.

"Lana will surely be happy seeing you back in Canada." He added. Since Ynia were born, Lana was so happy not until Ynia went home in the Philippines.

"We will surely visit Canada from time to time." Blaire assuredly added. Saka tuluyan nang umalis ng reception hall si Ylejah. Patuloy pa rin itong sinundan ng mga paparazzi kahit nasa labas na ito ng Hotel—his annoyance stirred upon reaching his car's door when a woman suddenly bumped at him. Nagkabanggaan ang mga ulo nila dahil may katangkaran ang babae.

Damn it! Their heads seemed hammered by the impact of the woman's abrupt clashed. Sapo ni Ylejah ang ulo habang ganun rin ang babae nan aka-hood na leather jacket. She has this small face that perfectly paralleled to her long neck.

"Damn! Are you blind or what?" He could still felt that excruciating ache habang nakahawak sa noo nito.

Damn it! That was really hurt!

"S-Sorry."

The woman hissed habang nakayuko ito. He hardly seen her face coz she's wearing a hooded black-leather jacket. She composed herself and he didn't anticipate that she's really that..alluring—yes, and wait.. She's familiar, eh?

That face..

She was about to turned and walked away from Ylejah when he noticed how rugged she looked.

Kahit madilim sa parking lot ay naaaninag nito ang mapuputing kutis ng babae but her fashion vividly shown his status in life, faded jeans, faded jacket, and old pair of rubber shoes.

But she just looked like a model whom were told to wear rubbish but still—looked stunningly beautiful!

"A-Aren't you hurt?" Damn it! He just stammered when she halted and shyly turned again to face him. She really looked so familiar to Ylejah that his brain wanted to search the deepest of his memories yet it was totally jammed all the way.