Skittles

"I don't want to talk about it."

The doctor sighed, "fine, don't tell me why, I'll figure it out."

I smirked and gestured for him to begin.

He turned my hand toward him, "well your knuckles are split so that suggests your hands were hit, or were hitting something, with great force. Your eyes are puffy from crying, but you don't seem like the kind to cry except in great hurt or sorrow. But you seem to be fine, I'm going to assume that means you were crying out of anger and sadness. You were mad so you needed to blow off steam, your about 13 so I'm going to assume you punched something. Is that correct? Punching something once or twice won't do that much damage, so you punched, let say you punched the wall, you punched the wall for about, um I'm going to guess about twenty minutes. Your hands were bloody by ten, but you kept punching. I'm not going to ask why, that's not my business. What I want to know is this, why did you come to this school with improperly healed broken bones?"

Hannah stared at me, "you broke bones?"

I nodded. The doctor helped me stand up and led me to an x-ray room. He told me to stay very still and I stayed as still as I could. After a while he came back in and led me and Hannah back to the room we were in earlier.

"Your ribs seemed to have healed fine, your concussion is gone, but your ankle didn't heal properly. It must be rebroken so we can heal it properly."

I groaned but Hannah just looked confused.

"That means we have to break his ankle again so that I can heal back correctly this time," the doctor explained slowly and patiently.

She gasped but nodded slowly.

"Now Sam, we're going to give you a drug so it doesn't hurt when we break your bone, okay?"

I nodded. We waited a while, so that they could set me up and stuff. They gave me a shot and I passed out. I woke up the next morning and Hannah walked in the room about ten minutes later.

"Hey Sam, your awake."

I nodded.

"I brought you a get well gift."

"What is it?"

"I brought, SKITTLES!"

"HOW DID YOU KNOW? I LOVE SKITTLES!"

"Really? Me too."

We laughed and she opened the huge bag of Skittles in her hand. We ate them by the handful and started talking.

"So where are you from?"

"Oh actually, I'm from Kentucky."

"Oh really, that's pretty far away from here."

"Yeah, so what about you?"

"Um, I'm California."

"Do you know any famous celebrities?"

I chuckled, "no, I live in Northern California."

She laughed too, "I was just kidding. So, how did you choose coming here. Leaving behind your family and all."

"I'm not talking about my past."

"Fine, I won't pester you. So what do you want to do now?"

"SKITTLES!"

We laughed, and ate Skittles.