a birthday to never forget

Requested by _iamnylaa 💞💞

***

"Morning mother!" Cheryl said excitedly as she cane downstairs, ready as can be.

"Why are you so peppy this morning?" She asked with a slight laugh.

Cheryl's smile faded away slowly. "You really don't know?"

"What do you mean?"

"Today! Why it's special!" Cheryl gave some hints hoping her mother would say something.

"It's just a regular day, not like it's Christmas or something. Oh and take that pep with you at cheer today..."

Her eyes started to water knowing her mother didn't give a damn about her.

She darted out the front door, skipping breakfast so she could head straight to school.

Toni caught up to her as soon as she walked in. "Cheryl!"

"Hey Toni, what do you want?"

"Why so sad? You should be happy!"

"No one said I should be happy on my birthday."

"The saying is happy birthday, there's gotta be happiness somewhere today." Toni told her and Cheryl gave her a smile.

"You're right...it's just been a rough morning."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Just my mom forgetting her child's birthday..."

"Cheryl, I'm so sorry."

"No...to be honest I don't even know why I think she'd remember...I just wanna go home...but just another place like home without my mother!"

A smirk grew on Toni's face. "Wanna skip?"

"Toni!"

"That's my name Blossom! Let's go!" She said before grabbing Cheryl's hand and leading her out the school building.

Once they reached outside, they started walking. "So where do you wanna go?"

"I skipped breakfast so Pop's?"

"Pop's it is!"

We made our way to Pop's and sat down in a booth to order some food.

"Cheryl, I'm sorry your mother is an unappreciative bitch...you deserve so much better than the mother you have right now."

"You sure about that?"

"Yes I'm sure! She's a total whore when you're just...I'm getting too sappy nevermind..." Toni let out a light laugh then looked down.

"No, Toni continue...say what you have to say." Cheryl told her before she reached for Toni's hand across the table to hold it.

"You're just this really great person with such a big heart Cheryl! People who think otherwise only see one part of you. When I meet new people, I don't judge them for their outside. Their inner feelings are the ones that count."

Cheryl's cheeks started to turn red after Toni's words. "Toni, you've helped me a lot these past few days you've been here. You're truly a blessing." Cheryl said before taking a sip of her milkshake.

They clinked their cups together and finished their milkshakes before they went to Archie's place.

"So Jughead left something of yours back at Archie's place?"

"Pretty much!"

"This is why I don't let people borrow my pencils in school." Cheryl admitted making Toni laugh.

"Surprise!" Everyone said as we came through the door.

"I should've known!" Cheryl shouted and everyone laughed.

"Happy birthday Cheryl!" Toni said to her as Cheryl pulled her into a kiss.

"Choni!!!" Betty said in the back while everyone looked at her.

"What?" She replied. "I can ship something that's bomb."

"Where's the cake?" Toni asked as Veronica came out with the cake.

"For the Cherry Bombshell, here's a cherry flavored cake!" Veronica said with a laugh.

Cheryl tasted a little of the cake and smirked. "This is good."

Toni laughed as she gazed at Cheryl being so happy in the moment.

Eventually, Cheryl turned her attention back to Toni. "Toni, you didn't have to do all of this for me."

"Yes I did. You mean a lot to me Cheryl." Toni admitted with a smile.

Cheryl smiled back brightly at Toni, kissing her softly. She stared into Toni's eyes as she let go. "Best birthday ever."