1

"The boy is going to get himself killed."

"What is he even doing?"

"I dont fucking know Falcon, i dont read minds," the girl whispers as her sisters shoes scrape against the loose roof tiles.

Her own shoes loose purchase on the slick roof when she peers over the edge as the boy moves down a pitch black alley and out of sight. Her work roughened hands splay across the roof behind her as she falls dangerously close to the edge.

Her indentical twin scowls at the girls back, tempted to push the grumpy twin over the edge but rather settles for an unamused pout instead.

"Where did he go?" Falcon asks, annoyed when her twin only sighs in frustration as a response. She doesnt bother to comment on her moodiness, used to the behaviour by now.

Raven glares into the alley that the boy slipped into, his completely black attire and skittish behaviour making her suspicious. The boy was clearly going to break into the quaint little shop across the road, she'd seen him scouting the place out these past few nights.

Surely this boy must be braindead, careless or just plain oblivious. This "quaint little shop" was a sort of trap set by the government to capture and execute careless rebels. Of course the rebels knew this by now having gained the intelligence by their spys long ago but it seemed the boy didnt get the memo. he was walking straight into view of one of the 6 cameras surrounding th shop.

She reluctantly admitted that the shop didn't seem all too special, in fact it was so normal that it seemed a perfect place to target, the sightly decrepit building being easily accessible and surrounded by dark alleys.

She was used to falling for her sister curiosity but Raven rarely cared enough about anyone to be curious. However, this boy had somehow held her attention. 

She'd been watching him these past few days, she'd rarely seen him often before this week. His sudden frequent appearances and his drastically contrasting behaviour made for an interesting mystery.

"Should we stop him...?" Falcon left the question dangling in the humid air as she too scuffled to the edge in the hopes of a better view.

She didn't mind following her sisters curiosities as they came few and far between and it would be plain hypocritical not to after the amount of adventures they'd been on to sate her dangerous interests.

"There's a camera just below us and another in that alley, there's no way we could without appearing on camera."

"We're wearing balaclavas," Falcon states with a roll of her eyes. "As long as they don't see us coming from the roof it's fine."

Silently agreeing Raven shuffled sideways, out of view of the cameras so that she can drop to the compacted mud floor.

She wasn't quite sure why she was doing this. Something inside her was screaming at her to do it. That she needed to follow him.

Curiosity killed the cat...

But satisfaction brought it back.

And she'd be very satisfied to talk to him.

She assumed that he'd suffered some kind of trauma in his life as his joyful ness was often interrupted by the brooding and moody young adult they'd seen walking around tonight.

There was something about him... the way he slowed down infront of bakeries or florists so that he could bask in the lingering aromas or the way that he smiled at the laughter of families drifting through thin walls... it just didn't seem to connect to this sneaky, sticky fingered side of himself.