Chapter 2

Willow ran down the street, her feet pounding against the concrete. She was giggling in excitement.

      I'm eighteen, finally!! I'm so happy! I wonder if Skire brought his dragon, if he has then I can watch how he treats it. Willow was thinking, but her thoughts scattered when she turned a corner and ran right into a man. The man looked to be in his mid twenties or thirties.

     Willow sat up quickly and looked at the man's face, "I'm s-so sorry, sir. Please forgive me."

     The man looked up at Willow, "Oh, its fine.. Sweetheart." He said with a little hesitation.

     Willow became confused with why he had called her sweetheart, she then looked down and noticed that she was sitting on the man and that he was starting to grin. She tried to get up, but the man wrapped his arms around her.

     "Where do you think you're going sweetheart?" The man smirked and rolled over so that he was on top of her.

     "Get off of me!" Willow yelled and struggled.

     "Struggling won't help you." The man pinned her arms down with his knees.

     "Help! Somebody, please help!" Willow screamed.

     The man leaned over and whispered in her ear, "You're gonna be a great thing to play with." He smiled viciously.

     Willow struggled more, but soon gave up. There was no way she could push over a five foot ten guy who probably weighed 180 pounds. It just wasn't possible.

      "Ok..," Willow said hopelessly and looked to the side.

      The man smiled, "Good girl, now behave and you'll get it a little easier."

      Just as the man leaned down and got closer and closer to her face. A flash of black and green went straight into the man's side and he was sent flying into a wall.

     Willow gasped and sat up, "Leo!" She yelled to the dragon pinning down the man.

     The dragon turned his head towards her and let out a small noise in his throat that sounded like a purr. The man struggled beneath the dragon, but of course, he wouldn't be able to move a almost fully grown dragon.

      Willow felt a gentle but rough hand on her arm and turned towards the boy she'd known since preschool. "Hey Willow, you okay?" Skyler asked, concerned. "Did he hurt you?"

      "Huh..?" Willow asked confused. "Oh, n-no. Sorry went a little blank there." Willow slowly got up.

      "You sure you're good?" Skyler looked her up and down.

      "I'm fine, don't worry." Willow suddenly felt self-conscious and straightened her shirt.

      Skyler smiled and fixed his raven black hair a little. "So who's this guy?" He asked pointing to where Leo sat on the man.

       "A guy I bumped into, I was running down the street and wasn't watching where I was going." Willow blushed a bit and looked at the ground.

       "Is that so.. Well I have something to do here, I'll meet up with at the ceremony." Skyler looked at the man and his face hardened.

       "I'll go with you." Willow took a step toward him.

       Skyler looked at Willow, his expression softening. "Sorry Willow, but you need to make it there." Skyler turned away from her and looked straight at Leo. Take her there, protect her, I'll be there soon.

       Leo shook his head, but did as Skyler wished and ran to Willow. Leo nudged her and kneeled down for her.

       Willow took one look at Leo and knew what exactly was happening. She backed up, "I'm not leaving you here."

       "Leo, take her away now." Skyler said in a frustrated and angered voice, his face expressionless and his eyes burning a deep blue flame.

        Leo took Willow in his tail and gently set her on his back, before she could slide off he unfolded his wings and took off.

       Willow watched as Skyler stalked toward the man who was slowly recovering from being crushed. "No! Go back, Leo!!" Willow screamed, but Leo just flew faster and higher. They were soon high in the clouds.

        Willow hugged Leo's neck and looked below them at the street where they'd left Skyler behind.