Ch. 37 A World Without Fears

*NIALL'S POV*

It's been two years since the love of my life left. Two years since I lost the light in my eyes. I go on pretending as though nothing really happened but, they see right through it. The boys do, management does, my family does, even the fans. I couldn't help it. Tessa leaving put me into a total depression. I just couldn't feel the same about my life over my girlfriend of eight months.

On a brighter note, the boys, Sophie and I all have been touring all over America. Right now, we were in Cleveland, Ohio, and we just finished performing for an amazing crowd of fans. "Thank you, my lovelies!" Sophie screamed as she blew a kiss to our audience. Her signature 'Good Night.' She said that every concert.

Truth be told, I've attended all of Tessa's/Big Time Rush's concerts that were remotely close to where we were at the time. Always in disguises, always in the middle so that they have no chance of recognizing my sorrowful face.

Paul would never fail to hook me up, because that's the amazing guy Paul really is. That, and he felt it was somewhat his fault for Tessa leaving. He was the one Liam was talking to when she overheard him.

Speaking of Liam, he and I get along fine now. Niam isn't as strong as it used to be, though. Hell, all my bromances weren't as strong as they used to be.

I sighed backstage as the crew started to peel off my mic. When they finished, I changed into some white chinos, a teal free hugs tee shirt, and white supras. "Going to the concert tonight, man?" Zayn asked me. I nodded dully in response. "Do you think I could tag along?"

"Sure." Zayn frequently came along with me to attend Tessa's concerts. Tonight, they were only about two and a half hours away, coincidentally. Zayn didn't come all of the time, but some. It gave me someone to hang out with during it, at least. I think he really missed his 'Sombrero.' "What about Louphie though? Harry isn't going to be home," I added.

"Eh, they'll be fine. Let them have their alone time. They haven't had any since Louis proposed!" Yep. That's right. Sophie and Lou were now a happily engaged couple as of three months ago, with Sophie being twenty and Lou twenty-four. They were absolutely daft together. Their engagement seemed only to brighten their relationship, even if they hardly ever had any "alone time."

We informed them that we weren't going to be home that night, and they each grinned at each other with delight. Ew. I don't even want to know what they'll be doing tonight.

"Have fun!" Lou shouted, grabbing Sophie's arm, scooped her up wedding style, and excitedly ran to the van. Funny enough, he attempted triple tasking, juggling holding Sophie, running, and kissing her all at once. Of course, that ended with both of them plopping on the ground like mad lunatics. I couldn't help but laugh at his antics. Ugh. Stop reminding me about love though. I hate it. And I hate her for leaving me like she did.

Yet I loved her so much.

"Ready to go? It starts in like, three hours. We could get some food beforehand," Zayn offered.

"Food? Sure, let's go!" I gasped. Zayn and I drove away from the venue, which was amazing. We had gotten a great response that day.

"I find it so funny that in a few hours' worth we are on stage, then in the crowd," Zayn chuckled while stripping his shirt and swapping it for a more casual one. I nodded in agreement and stared out the window. My thoughts distracted my brain from the long car ride. What would be in store for me today?

We drove up to a small diner in Columbus, Ohio. It was themed in the 50's, making the place quite charming. It seemed as if the restaurant was stuck in time.

"What would you like?" a girl in uniform asked. She obviously hadn't recognized Zayn nor me. She resembled an old American telly show, I Love Lucy.