Chapter 1

Megan's POV
Today was Friday- the last day of the semester. I walked through the front door, put my stuff down, and saw a few strangers sitting in the living room with my mom. Judging by the way they were dressed, they were all some kind of doctor. Great. They looked familiar, but I couldn't figure out why.

"Megan, this is my boyfriend, Ashton, and his friends, Michael, Luke, and Calum. They're all doctors, and they do the blood draws at your school. The one you always get is Michael, but Calum pitches in a lot to help make sure you don't pass out. That's why they might look familiar to you." my mom said as soon as she saw me.

"Hi. Why do you guys have your bags?" I asked, sitting by Michael on the couch. My mom replied with, "They're going to be staying here for a few months, and I'll share a room with Ashton while you share with the other three. They have no place to stay so I'm allowing them to stay with us as long as they need to."

"Remember what happened last time Megan?" Michael whispered. I did remember, very vividly. "Yeah, I passed out, then I woke up in Calum's arms. I squeezed him, burrowing my head into his shoulder while you put the needle in. Since I was the only one left, all four of you guys helped me stay distracted, and when you took out the needle, I found myself burying my head into Calum's shoulder again," I explained to him, reliving that day. It only happens to be a few days ago, so I remember every single little detail.

"What's your numbers?" I asked Michael and Calum. Calum took my phone and added him as a contact, handing it to Michael when he finished. I took both of their phones and added me as a contact as well. Seeing Ashton made me think of my dad. He'd left 2 months ago, leaving me and my mom all on our own. Thinking about him made me sad, and I hugged Calum just like I do when they draw blood.

Calum saw the tears, so he didn't question it. He just gave me as much sympathy as he possibly could. "Can we help you? I can be your cuddle buddy if you'd like. We just want you to feel better and we'll be staying in your room, so we'd feel really bad knowing we could have helped but we just sat there," he said, rubbing my back. I nodded my head, and he made me look up into his eyes.

"We know about your dad, so if this is about him, we'll always be here for you," Calum said, looking towards Ashton. I started to cry some more and Calum and Michael pulled me onto their laps, comforting me. Ashton came over and gave me a hug. "It's okay. We all know and you're going to be all right. I'll always be here for you, and so will they. If you need someone to talk to, come to one of us," he whispered.

I kept crying, and after a while, I ended up crying myself to sleep. When I woke up, I wasn't in the living room anymore. I was in my bed, in between Calum and Michael, in both of their arms. I grabbed my phone, and looked at the time- 3:55am. I couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to wake Michael up. "Michael, I can't stop reliving what happened with my dad but I don't want to talk to Ashton. What do I do?" I whispered as soon as his eyes opened.

Without warning, Michael picked me up and carried me to my mom and Ashton's room. He made me stand by the door, and woke Ashton up. They both cane towards me, and Michael carried me to the living room to 'talk' about it. "She can't forget. She says she keeps reliving it and now she can't sleep. I think all she needs is a father figure," Michael explained to Ashton, a look of worry both of their faces.

"Megan, I love you. I'll take care of you. I'll be your shoulder to cry on, anything you'd like me to be. Are you okay with coming to the hospital for a few appointments in the morning? We'll be the only people that even see you," Ashton explained. "Ashton-"Call me Ash," he interrupted. "Okay fine, Ash, that's not fine. I don't want you guys to see something because you'll tell my mom," I said. Michael blurted, "You don't want us to see what?" I pulled up my sleeves, then covered both of their mouths with my hands. "I get bullied. After my dad left, I started doing it more. Please don't tell my mom?" I explained everything to them.