Chapter 2

I woke up to the guys messing with my ankle. "What are you doing? That hurts," I said as Ashton rubbed across it. Calum ran to my side and held me in his arms to keep me from moving. He was very good at that. "It's only sprained. You'll be staying out of school and in my office with me until it's healed to the point where you can walk again," Calum informed me.

"Can I sleep next to you? And cuddle," I asked. "Whatever you want princess. We love you and will do whatever you need," Calum answered. "Can you get me a boyfriend? I want someone to care for me. What about you?" I said, instantly regretting it. I could feel my cheeks turn a deep shade of crimson. "Never mind, it was silly anyway," I instantly spoke before Calum could.

"I'd go out with you, but Ash is dating your mom and I don't think either of them would be fine with it," Calum said, kissing my cheek. Ashton wrapped my ankle with an ankle brace and Mikey snatched me out of Calum's arms and ran up to our room.

"Michael Gordon Clifford! Why'd you do that," I yelled at him. "I like you too that's why," he whispered, barely audible. "What?!" I screamed. "We both know you're way too young for us, but we know how those other guys broke your heart. And when you pass out, that's why we always help you more than the other guys," Mikey explained.

"I want Ashton. I don't have a dad, and I need one. I just wish I was a normal teenager, but I'll never be," I cried to Mikey, suddenly thinking about what happened with my dad.

"We all love you. We'll protect you and always be there for you, no matter what. You're our baby girl and that'll never change," he said, pulling me into his arms and lifting me off the bed. He carried me to Luke and explained everything that had just happened. Then Luke took me into his arms and Michael went to go get Ashton and Calum.

Ashton came running up the stairs into the closet where Luke was. "Megan, it's okay. Put your head in between your knees. You're having a panic attack. Listen to everything we say," he said as soon as he saw his much I was crying.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and pull me towards him. I thought it was Ashton, but it wasn't. It was Calum.

"Can you please do everything we say, no matter what?" he asked. "Depends on what it is," I replied. Michael interrupted and said, "We need you to eat. This isn't healthy, not eating because of him. We can't lose you. You mean way too much to all of us. If you don't eat, we're taking you to the hospital and making you sit in our offices until you eat."

"Fine. I'll only eat one tiny bite," I snapped at them. "No you won't. You'll eat a full meal or we're taking you there," Ashton said with as much sass as I did, "And for every meal we will watch you until we feel you are responsible enough to eat on your own." "Awwww, Awshton doesn't want his wittle pwincess to die," I teased.

"None of us do. Stop talking like that, we love you," Luke said, picking me up and running to the truck, the other guys close behind. "I want to go with Cal. Just for today I really need to talk to him," I said as Michael got in next to me.

I felt my eyes droop a little and it was getting harder to breathe. The only thing I felt the need to do was scream. Then everything went black.

*ASHTON'S POV*
"Aaaaahh!" Megan screamed, then passed out, barely breathing. We were stuck in traffic but very close to the hospital, so Calum grabbed Megan and we all took her to his office and laid her in the couch.

I looked around, and saw the other guys were crying. I put an IV in her arm, after figuring out it was a really bad allergic reaction, to stop the swelling of her airways. The guys and I surrounded her and held hands, Michael and Calum holding each of her hands. We all began to pray that she makes it, and thankfully, she woke up after a few minutes.

*MEGAN'S POV*
"What's happening?" I asked, sitting up on the couch. "It's okay. Don't panic we're right here. You had an allergic reaction," Ashton said as he lifted me onto his lap.

"Thanks, I love all four of you, no matter what you're there for me. Unlike my dad," I said, then burst into tears. "You're dad was a bitch, to be honest. When you have a kid, you're not supposed to leave. We will be way better to you than your dad ever was. And that's a promise," Michael said, bringing me into his arms.

"Can you all sleep in my room tonight? Even you, Ashton and Luke," I asked, looking to all of them with a pleading look. "Yes, of course. After everything you've been through the past few days, we should probably sleep with you until we feel like it's okay to let you sleep alone. We love you," Ashton said before Luke could say anything.

"Luke. Michael. Calum. Ashton. I'm horrible. Take out the IV, I don't deserve to live. Even my dad thinks so," I pleaded, tears forming in my eyes. Luke got into the bed with me and held my arms down while Ashton did the same, all four of them kissing my head multiple times.

"Megan, just because something happens doesn't mean it's your fault. We know you and we aren't ever going to leave you alone. We love you even more than you love us all combined. You can't leave us," Michael began to lecture me about why they need me here.

"And finally, you're what keeps all five of us going each and every day. If it weren't for you, we wouldn't be staying with your mom. She asked us to because she wouldn't be home enough and she trusted us to be apart of your life. We've loved every second of it, and we'll do anything in our power to keep you alive and well. Whatever it takes. And I mean it. We all do," he said, coming closer to me with every word he spoke.

"Michael, I'm sorry. It's just-"We get it. It's been difficult for you. You'll get over it pretty soon and we'll be there to help you. Let's have you sleep wrapped in all of our arms for a while just so you can see the we mean it. Deal?" he interrupted. We all nodded our heads, me forming tears in my eyes because of everything he had just said about me.

"Calum Thomas Hood! Give me my phone!! I'm trying to text someone," I screamed as he took my phone. I stood up, forgetting where I was. Something happened, and I tripped over the wires. I'm pretty sure I broke my wrist and my foot. "Oh my God! Megan I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" Calum stammered as he turned around and saw me on the floor, running to my side.

"Calum, I'm fine. We both forgot where we were. Can you give me an X-ray? I think I broke my wrist and my foot," I insisted, "Can you get the other guys too? They just left." Instead, he gave me his phone. I called Luke and explained everything, and as soon as I hung up, the other three guys ran through the door.

They gave me X-rays, and it turned out I had badly fractured both my right wrist and ankle. As Ashton and Calum were putting the braces on me, I asked, "Can one of you carry me everywhere? I've had to use crutches before and I fall with every step I take. "Why wouldn't we? Of course," Michael exclaimed. They took me home and everyone except Luke had to go to work right away. Or so I thought.

"Luke I need to talk to one of you but all of you about something complicated. What do I do?" I explained. "We can all five talk. About anything, anytime," he assured me, then walked out and went to work.

"Ashton!! Calum!! Luke!! Michael," I screamed after falling off my bed and landing on the same side that was already injured. Michael came running in and saw what had happened.

"I'm calling Ash right now whether you like it or not. How bad does it hurt? I'm here right now and always will be. Until the end, no matter what," he explained, trying to calm me down.

"Mikey, it hurts. Can you please hold me? I don't want to go to the hospital again, can i just stay in your office since you're off?" I asked as soon as he hung up with Ashton. He nodded on response.

"Hey, look at me. Anytime anything happens to you, call one of us," he said, taking away my phone and putting all their numbers into it.

He handed it back to me, so I called Ash. "Are you on the way? It hurts," I told him. He replied with, "Yes baby. I'm almost there. Tell Michael to carry you outside then you two can get in when I get here." "Okay, bye," I responded.

"Michael. Carry me, Ashton's almost here," I commanded. He carried me bridal style outside to Ashton's truck to go to the hospital again. Great.