Chapter 7

Yay 2 am updates that noone cares about

Lance POV

I sighed as I watched who would've been the love of my life walk away from me after the end of the day. Like how he had walked away on that one day. The last words he had said to me. "I. Don't. Care."  I only saw him during classes, and even then he was faced away from me, shutting me out. I promised myself I would write a letter to him everyday and put it in his locker until he said something. Everyday in the morning I would write the same things 'I still love you, please don't shut me out of your life, I just want you to forgive me please, and I won't stop until you answer-Lance' . I had done this for a few days, always delivering the note at roughtly 12:30. This was probably the only thing I was keeping a schedule for, but I don't even know if it's working, but even if its not, at least I hope he'll understand.

Keith POV

A FEW DAYS AGO 

End of the day. Best time of the school day. Things have definitely changed. I stopped hanging out with Shiro and Hunk and other people I usually saw. I didn't want to see people who would just keep beinging up Lance. My teeth clenched even as I thought of him. I didn't utterly despise him, but everytime I see him I feel sick. Everytime I see him my arm starts stinging. Everytime I see him I keep thinking to myself why I had to put myself in this situation. It was myself for falling for him and expecting him to attualy say yes to going out with me. I sighed heavily and opened my locker and I saw...a note fall out. I read it and I didn't know how to feel. I mean it was nice of him. I guess I could forgive him, but not now. I should probably wait a bit more until I'm certain I can even trust him. Did he mean he wouldn't stop?

BACK TO THE... PRESENT

I was half exited. It was end of the day, one of the best times of the school day. I guess he really did mean he wouldn't stop. I kept getting notes, and it has been around a week rougly. I took the note that I had gotten today and once I was in my room I read it over quickly to see if anything changed, nothing did, and put it on my desk. I could see the small differences between each of the notes, the small indicators that everyday he was commiting to writing a note for my forgiveness. I frowned at the reason why he was asking for forgiveness but I thought it was kinda cute at what he was doing. Then I realized what he must feel. I haven't talked to him in a very long time, and the last thing I said was that I didn't care about him. I still do, just...differently. 

Lance POV

It was the last day of school until the weekend. I sighed and wrote the same thing on paper. Maybe this time. I folded the note and put it in my pocket and impatiently waited for lunch. I was sitting at the table I usually sat at for lunch again, but couldn't help but feel bad every lunch, becuase I could see Keith alone all the time. He should be with me. I felt my pants to make sure the note was in my pocket and checked the time. It was 12:24, I had some time. "Dude is someone messing with the lock on your locker?" I asked pretending to look at something interesting on my phone. I knew the people I sat with had locker really far away from mine. "How do you know?" Someone at my table asked me in a deep voice. "Rolo is by your locker, he said there's some sort of group by your lockers. You want to check it out?" "Sure. Let's give those bitches something to remember." They didn't know how much I was lying. Rolo was a freind and I told him part of what I was doing, but not including Keith. I just said I had to do something to someone's locker for revenge and needed his help. I told Rolo to say the other 'gang' ran off. Man I really should stop lying and say I need to use the restroom because I'm running out of ideas. When everyone at our table got up and went to their lockers, I made a quick dash and slipped the note in Keith's locker. I ran up to our group when another person turned around and looked at me. Then they said the words that were the last thing I wanted to hear.  "What were you doing?"