#1 Sail away to freedom

I love the sea. The breeze of the sea. I love the freedom that it brings. I love the seahorses when they sing their song. I have the birds as a fly along. I love the sea and now I'm free.

To my lovely readers this is the rewrite of Melody from my regional story. I wrote this first in 2015 this is a better version of the story from my old site of Katrina Richter 63. I hope you enjoy it my loyal readers.

Melody

I will I ever be loved, or be as free as a sail boat on the sea? Will I ever be loved by my mom, and dad? I don't know ?I hardly remember them. Where did they go? Why aren't they with me now? What happened to them? It's really sad if you think about it. I found out when I was six that George ,and Georgette were not my parents they never loved me in the first place. Their sister, and brother that were hired to take me. It was one night when I couldn't sleep I was sitting on a tree limb above my bedroom and the kitchen.

I can hear every word they say, because the kitchen window was open. Georgette asked how long do we have to keep her they only paid so much money. The money we we're given us paid off all you're gambling debt, and didn't leave us with much but we now we are broke.

George

We will be rich when they take her. We were supposed to keep her until she's 16 years old. When her powers will be strongest one in all the land. They told us that they will kill her before she become to strong to overtake her.

Georgette

She's too pretty, soon we will have people offering us money to sell her off for a slave. She looks exactly like her mother people might recognize who her parents are. Our best to keep her away from everybody for as long as we can.

George

Maybe they'll pay us more if we kill her our self. The slavers should be coming around in about a week ,or two across the bridge. Then we wouldn't have to wait until she's 16 we could deal with her now. Let's just wait until the slavers come and the others we will just tell them we killed her and buried her. That way we get paid twice.

Georgette

I don't know let's just wait for a couple weeks and then he'll make a decision.

Melody

I remember putting my hands over my mouth and crying. I eventually I fell asleep after crying my hart out on the tree limb. In the morning I woke rubbing my eyes they were hurting from all the crying so hard. I had to wait until my blurry vision went away. Then I across the tree limb to my bedroom window which is the attic. First thing I did is I pour myself a glass of water, because my throat was so sore from crying . I washed up at my wash basin. Burr that is cool. I change my clothes in to clean rags I sewed together to make a shirt and a pair of pants. I slowly went down the stairs missing the creaky parts of the steps as I silently as quiet as possible. I couldn't even eat, so I put some food from the cupboard in my pockets an apple and dried fish from when I went fishing the other day. I left the house before my so-called parents woke up.I walked toward the ocean how beautiful the ocean is so clean and free of all the noises in my head of the spirits ,I try to talk to me in my dreams. As I am walking to the left I see to set of eyes looking at me through the trees. I said hello. He acts like I can't see him. He moves deeper behind the tree. I walked toward him put my hand out I say that my name is Melody. What is yours name? I drop my arm because he doesn't put out his hand to shake.

 What is yours name? I drop my arm because he doesn't put out his hand to shake