Chap. 25

"I think we've come back to the same location

"I think we've come back to the same location."

"I don't remember seeing this before. Oh wait..." Julian pauses, shielding his eyes from the sun. "Yep. We're officially lost and stuck in a corn maze."

I chuckle, placing my hands on my hips as we come to a brief stop. "I think we should give up."

We could simply walk through the maze and live happily ever after but I don't want to be considered a cheat.

Julian and I continue walking hand-in-hand but this time we don't take the same path as before.

"I told you to memorize the solution of the maze."

"I had no clue," I defend. "How would I have known that we were going to need it later?"

"The note said very clearly that you should've kept it safe in your head, Ky."

"You could've specified, like saying 'you'll need it later on' or something like that."

"And you should've memorized it!"

"Why didn't you memorize it?" I bicker, turning my head to look at him with my eyes narrowed.

He lets out a sigh. "It doesn't matter anymore, Bug. We'll just have to keep walking. And hope we manage to get to the end zone."

"You're right," I sigh, falling in silence along him.

"I have an idea," he says after a while, his eyes sparkling. "Let's play Two Truths and a Lie."

"And how exactly is that going to help us?"

"It'll distract us, making it easier to let go of the frustration," he shrugs.

"Okay. You first. I can't think of anything right now."

He licks his bottom lip as he ponders, his facial expression becoming serious. It makes him look incredibly sexy and all I want to do is pinch his cheek-

"Don't gawk," he smirks.

"Shut up."

He laughs, shaking his head at me with a teasing smile. "Okay, so..." He begins, glancing at me for a second as he smiles. "I've dated six girls. Kissed four girls. And once kissed a guy."

I widen my eyes, keeping them glued to his eyes. "You've only kissed four girls?"

"Out of all the things I said, that's all you have to say?"

"Yes. I know about the kiss with Ethan. You've told me once, remember?"

His cheeks immediately turn a deep shade of red and I can't help but laugh.

"We were both eight, okay? Plus, it was an accident. An adult bumped into me which caused my sacred lips to accidentally hit on his as we fell to the ground."