Part 9

-Your Pov-

The question from Raven hangs in the air, and the two of you sit in silence. As you sit and not say anything, she then sighs and then takes out a cotton swab, and then applies something to it, and then she starts to wipe your cheek. It stings for a little bit, then you smile slightly when you see how gentle she's being, and how soft her hands are. Still, the weight of her question hangs in the air, and then you think about how you can answer that question, if there even is an answer that ends with you still being accepted by the team.

" Nothing," you lie to her eventually. " He and I knew each other when we were kids, and then it was just a stupid joke we had together about Sparda. But, we fall apart over the years, and he was probably using that to through back into my face."

" You don't have to lie to me," she says, and then you sigh. She puts away the cotton swab and then looks at you gently. " You can trust me (y/n), and I want you to be able to come to me. We're going to be team mates, and well, I'd like to think of us as friends."

A small smile touches your face when you think of the idea of being friends with Raven, especially remembering how the two of you almost killed each other on the first night here. The idea of here trusting you and being friends with her is something that actually brings a smile to your face.

" If you don't want me to tell anybody, then I won't," says Raven. " We can keep this between ourselves, and you don't even have to tell me if you don't want to. But, I think it will help to tell me. You can trust me."

" My father was a demon lord," you admit eventually. " And my mother was human. Arlan is my brother. The both of us are half-demon and half-human. He and I were separated as children, and the two of us always disagreed about things."

You expect Raven to do one of two things. Either she was going to doubt you and be mad at you for lying, or she was going to believe you which was almost worse. If she believed you, then she was going to hate you for being part demon. She was going to kill you probably, knowing that that's the responsibility of a huntsman.

However, you feel a pair of arms around you, and then you look over to see Raven, awkwardly hugging you. You hesitate for a few moments, and then you return the hug. The two of you hold for a little bit, and then pull away from each other. Neither of you knows what to say at first, and then you sigh when you look at the sunset.

" Thank you for being brave enough to admit that to me," she says. " I know that couldn't have been easy for you to do. If you don't want me to, I won't tell anybody in our team, and anybody you don't want to know."

" Thanks," you tell her after a moment of silence, not knowing what to say. The two of you sit for a little bit, and then she stands up and offers you her hand. You take it, and then she helps you stand up.

" Come on," she tells you, and then opens up a portal. The two of you step through it, and then appear in the dorm you have. Summer looks up, and then starts to talk really quickly about how the two of you are holding hands. Looking down, you see that Raven still hasn't let go of your hand by this point. As she and Qrow begin to draw attention to it, you quickly let go of her hand, albeit reluctantly.

-Summer Pov-

I look up when the red portal opens, and then I see (y/n) and Raven step through holding hands. I quickly start to talk about how the two of them are holding hands, since I know that's what the three of my team will expect of me, the hyper-active personality and support for my team. But, when I see the two of them holding hands, my heart winces and there's a cold sinking feeling in my stomach.

Ever since the detention that one day, (y/n) and Raven have been getting closer and closer with each other. The both of them have a sarcastic wit, and they bounce of each other well. It makes me a little bit sad to see, as (y/n) and Raven often have conversations I simply can't follow just because of that.

On top of that, the two of them spend more time with each other than anyone else in the team, which makes me a little bit sad. I wish they spent more time with the rest of us, but on top of that, I think (y/n) and Raven like each other. It's subtle things, but the two of them are happiest when they're with each other.

I would normally be happy for the both of them, as I'm supportive of all the relationships my friends are getting into, like John with Kali, Arlan and Glynda, Kian and Valerie Nikos, and I even support the crush Qrow has Morrigan. On top of that, (y/n) is my partner, and I really want him to be happy, but I wish it was me he was happy with. I tried to deny it for as long as I could, but I had to admit it to myself, the denial was driving me crazy and so I had to admit it to myself.

I sigh when I see the two of them smile at each softly before going into their bed. I shake my head, and try the best I can to be happy for the two of them. But, I know deep down how unhappy I am. I wish that was me with him.

( let me know what you thought. next chapter the Oc's do a lot more)