Getting Started

I walked into the bedroom, fixed my hair and put on a better dress to wear. I put on beautiful light blue shoes and headed into the bathroom to put on a little make up and hair accessories. I looked just like a princess. "One thing that is missing though," my aunt said to me softly. we walked into the big closet room and she grabbed a crown that was gold just like everything else with rubies and lace that had my name on it. "I kept it in case you ever found out, or decided you wanted to be more than n average girl," she said to me with a smile. She put white gloves on my hands and showed me to stalls out back with white horses. There was rubies and diamonds on that rope that goes around their neck. The saddle was like my dress a light blue. I sat on the horse in a princess way with my crown I wore proudly. As I rode on I saw willow trees. So big and beautiful. I grabbed the ends of the branches and twirled myself around. "These are my favorite trees in these woods," I heard a voice from a short distance. I saw a young handsome boy who also wore a crown. I got the butterflies when suddenly he took my hand and twirled me.

"I have never seen you before."

"I just found out I'm a princess. My parents died and kept it from me."

"Would you mind coming back with me to my palace. My parents are going to love you!"

I curtseyed and said tomorrow. I must go back otherwise my Aunt Caroline will be mad.

"Queen Caroline?!?"

"Yes do you know her?"

"She told me I was to marry a girl named Emily when she was born but she moved and disappeared."

"My name is Emily,"

He kissed my hand and told me to meet him here at the same place tomorrow. If I told my aunt any of this she would have a melt down. When I got back to the palace my aunt was waiting for me at the steps. I heard her almost cry. "You have met your future husband correct?" I didn't know what to say. "He seems to already like you which is a good sign, but do be careful and act like a lady please my princess. You need your beauty rest go on and go to bed, Katie, your servant will take care of you and get you ready for bed." I walked off to bed and pretended to sleep. When Katie left I grabbed my nightgown and rushed to the window to see aunt Caroline. She was crying and she was ready a note that read...We cannot keep Emily here she must be safe to take over one day. When she finds her true identity, she is to marry for love. We hope you can care very much for her and keep her safe when we go. Never let her know this was planned. I went to my bed and thought about the prince. Was he the one I was supposed to marry for love? Could it be possible I could take my mom's place before it was too late?