The Well

I wondered why in the world she would curtsey to me. Its not like I was royal or anything. I was just living in an amazing palace. I woke up the next morning to the same servant holding out a gown for a ball! She told me to wear it for that day. I walked outside and was trying to put the pieces together, but they just didn't fit. I saw this well on the side of the palace next to the garden. I saw my mom and dad's name carved on it with a heart around it! Why would my parents write their names on a well at my Aunt's palace and never took me here! I walked back inside to a breakfast bouquet! I ate and washed up after and gave myself a tour of the palace. I saw an old room the door was locked and I saw the key, grabbed it and unlocked it. As I walked in, there was a huge painting portrait of my mom and dad and they were wearing gold and mom wore a beautiful golden gown as dad wore like a fancy mans wear. They were holding a brown eyed little girl who had a small light pink dress with designs and a small silver crown that had my name on it! I looked at the portrait and thought my parents are royal!?! That couldn't be possible, they would have told me that. Aunt Caroline would have told me that. I wasn't sure to cry or to smile. Aunt Caroline walked into the room and said, "You were a beautiful princess. I thought they were gonna stay and take over the kingdom as king and queen. There was a war, and your parents wanted you to be safe. They took you someplace far away so you would never realize what you were. It was for your own protection." I tried to comprehend what she was saying to me.  I'm a list princess. My parents never told me?!?!?! I grabbed my gown and rushed into my room and cried on the fluffy pillows. My Aunt came in and told me she could teach me how to be a princess. I was so confused. "You can make your parents proud and show them they were wrong young Emily." She walked me into a room filled with gowns and dress shoes and crowns. The prettiest room in the palace. "Now that you know everything, do you wanna start." She gave me a polite smile. I curtseyed and said, "Let's start."