Chapter 1 (Jersey's P.O.V.)

"Are you going to the party tonight J?" Sarah asked me.

"Probably not" I mumble.

"Why not? Norkel will be there" she smirked.

"Well then definitely not!" I cringe and walk into my class. Why did she want me to go so bad? She thinks I like Norkel?! Sure he is the hottest and funniest guy in school but only from what I have heard. I don't know him and he doesn't know me. I was sure that my math class would take my mind off things, I rocked that class like it was a pebble. We learned something new and got a worksheet and home work,in my book which I got done about 10 minutes before we had to go and everyone else had it as homework. Not to brag but I am very smart, deep down I know I am. I'm shy, I don't speak out, I'm not a social person, I don't trust other people. I am very cautious about my friends but kids in this middle school are actually good people compared to the entire world of people.

I walk out into the hall and to my locker when I feel that familiar hand on my shoulder, my tense body relaxes.

"Hey J, how are you?" Kenneth asks.

"I'm great now that your here" I say turning around and hugging him.

"Good, you seemed more relaxed then normal when I came by" he says waiting for my explanation.

"I was just rocking my math class and I felt a lot better" I say, Kenneth knew about my cooling sensation of being smart.

"Let me guess, your not going tonight" he says sounding a little annoyed, it felt like a pitch in my heart.

"I will go if you come with me" I mumble shyly.

"Great" he says patting my shoulder and walking away. I sigh and walk the other direction to gym class. I was pretty athletic but not as athletic as Laurnce, dang that boy had it all. He was tall and thin and strong and muscular and just down right awesome. But one flaw of his is that he is not very social, he doesn't have many friends, he is more of a lone wolf.

"Quit starring" Nicole nudged my arm, I shake my head and look down at the floor as I ran.

"Girl you have to settle on one guy" she giggled.

"What does that mean?" I ask.

"First its Norkel, then Kenneth, and now Laurence" she smirks.

"I don't like any one! Norkel is a jerk! Laurence and I don't even know each other! And Kenneth is my childhood friend!" I yell this and stop running. I look around to see that the whole gym class was looking at me like I was insane, crazy, phsyco. The embarresment creeps from my stomach into a deep red that spread across my face. I run into the locker room and start to cry. I huddle on the floor and cry in my arms on my knees.

"Jersey" I hear my name, I look up but see no one. I hear it again, it echoed through the locker room, it was a male voice.

"Who's there?" I call out but all I hear is my name again, it was faint this time.

"Jersey" I could tell this time it was the gym teacher.

"Come on out Jersey, your ok" she says again, like saying something as simple as that would help my anxiety. I decide to come our anyway.

"I had a talk with Nicole ok? Just finish stretches and ignore her if she bothers you ok?" She exclaims. I nod and walk over to my corner where I usually do stretches. She glares at me and I just shrugg in return and keep stretching.

I finally get to last hour and meet up with Sarah.

"I'm sorry about this morning" she began but I cut her off.