|Chp. 9: A Cause for the Lost|

Hiro wasn't as annoying as the other three bears. He treaded very lightly around me. And he wasn't super tall and I felt as if I wanted to I could take him head on. Might tire me out a little, but confidence is key.

Hiro also didn't seem to care about Raegan's opinion or any of them except Erick's. He listened to Erick. I felt as if I could take him on and not get my ass handed to me within maybe six minutes how Quinn did quite often. I had only ever managed to tire him out.

Wolves worked in packs to take down things nearly three times maybe four times their size. They rushed at their heels and snapped making them run ever faster. They'd track their prey for miles and miles never stop and used so many strategies, not all that I know either.

But I knew if I was to take on Erick or Raegan alone it would not end very well. I better either take a really fast kill shot at their throat or be able to wear them out or run faster than them which I can. But Hiro, I feel like I could battle.

And there was another thing that entertained me about this sun bear. Well two things. The sun shaped mark on his bear was in his hair. But it was Ruby's attitude around him. She wasn't as dominate around any of the male bears and seemed to look for commands from her brother almost.

She seemed to hate me. Female thing mostly. But she seemed to have quite the thing for Hiro. The last two days Hiro had been here she had been watching him like a hawk. He defiantly had no idea about it either which was the best part. And their height difference.

So Hiro was a few inches taller than me while Ruby was more than a few inches taller than me. Which meant that Ruby was taller than Ruby. Which left bad images in my head and once they were there, they were forever there.

Like what was happening right now. Hiro was walked by and walked past Ruby who was watching him. Raegan was leaning near her against a tree while I picked tiny pieces of meat from the bones of breakfast some time ago and fed it to Lupa who watched as well. It was entertaining.

Quinn was talking with Erick deciding it'd be appropriate to talk to Erick and not just blow him off. They ate our food as well so it was best we got something from them. Izuki was watching all the other big bears mostly Eden who was watching Lupa silently, mostly the meat.

He was probably trying to tell her to share. But he wasn't going to ask me even though he was capable of. Eden was too prideful for that. Quinn never asked to share either. Quinn had a nice soft spot, but not with food. If he wanted food he took it.

So we simply divided up our food. Lupa looked at Eden who was giving her this look that Lupa took wrong. She left the meat and I wiped it off on my pants. Lupa took off and tackled Eden down and began yanking him around by the scruff of his neck making him let our a small roar of irritation.

Quinn touched his neck and looked over to see Lupa trying to shake Eden like a ragdoll. She only let go when Eden shoved her away and she rolled on the ground and watched him. Then she struck back at him and he of course pushed her away.

Izuki watched the two now intrigued. Mostly because Eden was warding off Lupa by shoving her away. Irritation was building on his face. He snapped at her and Lupa jumped back before circling around him in interest. Now he was irritated, not angry or pissed simply irritated.

However irritating anything was Lupa's favorite activity. Izuki was sitting down watching Lupa as she circled around Eden and snapped at him. Eden got up and whacked at her and she grabbed her paw with his mouth, more of attempted to as Eden did have big paws. Big was actually an understatement.

Lupa then let go and aimed at his arm and came back with mouthfuls of white fur. Lupa in response began hacking it up. Eden had this smug look on his face as she hacked up all the fur she had swallowed while pestering him and my throat was now bothering me.