Chapter 9: Broken

Y/N POV:

I stood in front of the oven watching the bacon sizzle on the fryer, I loved making breakfast although this time it was a little different that usual. I was using my semblance to cook the meals for everyone. Cereal boxes flew across the kitchen as bowls and plates zoomed through the air, if I knew any better I would have said I was a wizard! I ducked under the knives and forks, one of the spoons clipping the top of my head, I silently swore making sure to keep my voice down while holding little Ash in my arms, I had a few toys floating above him as he looked on perplexed by what was happening, he looked so cute. He reached out for the toys as I held them just out of his reach. I smiled at this. His beautiful red eyes looked back at me, and into mine.

His gaze started to focus on mine and he tilted his head and I did the same. His hair started to turn H/C as his eyes went E/C. I was shocked at this, at his age his semblance shouldn't be unlocked... unless? I put him in his pram and went through my bookshelf for the first time in forever. I searched through until I found my semblance book. I opened it up and took a look at age to semblance awakening ratio, as well as cross referenced power levels. What I found shocked me. Those who have awakened their semblances closer to their birth have had the highest recorded power levels known to date. The youngest recorded was 2 months... and he burnt his entire neighborhood down to the ground even ashes weren't found. I looked back to Ash and thought of an Idea. I picked up my scroll and opened my photos. I pulled up a pic of Calvin and showed it to Ash who was sitting playing with his toys. I put my scroll in front of him , he looked at it tilting his head, I tilted the scroll in the same direction. His hair turned brown and his eyes green. 

So that's his semblance, he  then tilted his head the other way and his hair and eyes went back to their normal color. Remarkable! I picked him up and started to tickle him as he giggled out in joy. I heard a yawn behind me and saw a naked Ruby get out of bed. She saw me and walked up to me snaking her arms around my waist, kissing my neck.

Ruby: Morning handsome~

Y/N: Morning my beautiful Rose~

Ruby: What a charmer, whatcha cooking?

Y/N: Bacon eggs, cereal, toast, hash browns and sausage. 

She tightened her hold on me.

Ruby: The only sausage I want is yours~

She whispered In my ear, I chuckled at her forwardness.

Y/N: You shouldn't use such naughty language~

Ruby: Why you were fine with it last night?

I turned around showing Ash to her.

Y/N: Not when there are little ears around~

She gasped seeing Ash and squealed so loud Zwei woke up. He ran into the room wearing a doggy lab coat and small spectacles. I looked at Zwei and tilted my head.

Y/N: What am I looking at here?

Ruby: Meet Professor Zwei!!! (This is dedicated to someone who has been really supportive of this series. This ones for you Professor!!!)   

Y/N: Gosh you're so adorable~

Ruby: R-Really? You think I'm adorable?

Y/N: No I was talking about Zwei...

Ruby: Y/N YOU BAKA!!! (Had to)

Y/N: Obviously you don't know what sarcasm is!

Ruby: Oh sorry I- Wait we're getting off topic... YOU HAD A CHILD!?!? Which one of us is the mother? Or are you seeing someone else before you met us?