"It Seemed Like A Good Idea Yesterday"~Marliza

**KINDA MATURE**

Eliza was never one to drink. Her husband, Alexander drank a lot but she always chose to avoid drinking herself. That is until she read it. "The Reynolds Pamphlet". The pamphlet that ruined the Hamilton family and Alexander and Eliza's marriage. The pamphlet about an affair with a Mrs. Maria Reynolds six years ago. Eliza was very distant after reading the pamphlet and she started drinking.

One night, Alexander came into their bedroom which was now pretty much just Eliza's (she made him sleep in his office). "Eliza?" he said in a low voice. Eliza ignored him. "Eliza please talk to me..." he tried but to no avail. Eliza pulled herself further under the duvet in the bed she was laying in. She missed Alexander holding her in his arms and the amount of alcohol she currently had in her system was making it even more tempting to let him come and cuddle with her. "I love you, Betsey,".

Those words brought a new load of feelings to Eliza. Just seconds ago she was feeling hurt and upset yet forgiving, just wanting her love back. Now, she was full of pure anger. How could he say that to her after what he had done?! He had the nerve to say those words to another woman like Eliza meant nothing to him. She got up from the comforts of her bed and got dressed. "Betsey where are you going?" he asked, his voice laced with worry. "You'll see." she slurred and left the house.

She arrived at her destination, Maria Reynolds' house. She knocked on the door and stood outside for around thirty seconds until a woman answered the door. Her. Maria was beautiful she had to admit. "Can I help you?" the woman asked. "I'm Mrs. Hamilton. Can I come in?" "Sure." Maria stepped aside as Eliza walking in the house.

Maria led Eliza to the living room and sat on the couch, Eliza next to her. "So uhm what brings you here..." Maria asked. "I think you know why I'm here," Eliza responded. "Look I'm sorry about what happened with Alexander and I. It's over now and-"

Maria's speech was interrupted by Eliza kissing her. Maria say in shock until Eliza eventually pulled away. "I don't want your apologies. Just show me what's so great about you that Alexander had to cheat on me." Eliza connected their lips again and this time, Maria kissed her back. That kiss turned into making out then that turned to sex. The next morning Eliza woke up next to a naked Maria. She got up and dressed as she remembered the events of the night before. Quickly, she left before Maria woke up and went home.

As soon as she walked into her bedroom she was met with a very worried looking Alexander. "Where have you been??" Eliza explained what had happened the previous night, never daring to make eye contact. After she finished Alexander seemed more hurt and confused than angry and he asked her why she had done it.

"I don't know...it seemed like a good idea yesterday"