Full House

A few days after DevAkshi's unofficial date, it was the day of Daadi's arrival. Meanwhile, the preparations were in full swing for the engagement day. Dev along with Anant arrived at the Domestic Airport to pick up his grandmother. "Daadiiii", Dev exclaimed, waving his hands at her and pacing towards her at a speedy pace, just like he would, when he was a kid.

The bond anyone shares with their grandparents is something adorable and undefinable, and Dev and his grandmother were no exceptions to the rule. Ever since his grandfather; whom Dev considered a superhero; had passed away when Dev was just about 10 and Soumya had just been born, Dev had gotten extremely close to his grandmother, and she too cared for him and loved him dearly.

His Daadi, whom he met after a considerable amount of time, stood rooted at her spot on seeing her grandson, standing tall and handsome, about to get engaged in a couple of weeks' time.
"Haye mera Baccha, kitna bada ho gaya hain. Mere Dev ki sagai hone wali hain, mujhe toh yakeen hi nahi ho raha.", Daadi said, affectionately caressing Dev's face, when he reached near her and bent down to touch her feet. She was glad that he had not lost his values. When they finally reached the car, Anant too touched her feet and his mother happily blessed him. Dev revved up the engine and the trio proceeded to their abode.

"Dev, kuch bata toh sahi, apni hone wali biwi ke bare mein. Ishwari toh bohot tareef karti hain uski, par mujhe tere mooh se sunna hai!", Daadi urged Dev in the middle of their random conversation. This had Anant's attention as well, as he too was keen on knowing what his son's thoughts about Sonakshi were. Dev felt a bit hesitant and nervous about answering her question, as he noticed his Dad and Grandmother's keen interest. But he could not say no to his Daadi, so he said, "Her name's Sonakshi, Sonakshi Bose. She has just completed her Master's programme in -", he was cut off in between by Daadi, who passed him a rather fake glare and said, "I know all of this, but I want how she is." "Ummm woh...", Dev said and their first meeting, their talks, her maturity, their cute little moments, her bonding with Soumya and his mother, her care and concern for everyone, her addressing Ishwari as 'Maa', and lastly their recent date, all of it came running up in his mind and he continued while in the trance," Woh bohot khubsoorat hain! Sirf upar se hi nahi, uska dil se bhi bohot khubsoorat hain. Sabka bohot khayal rakhti hain woh. Sabki respect karti hain. Maa aur Soumya ke saath aisi banti hain uski, jaise mano unka janmo janmo ka rishta ho. Maine jab usse apne workaholic nature ke baareme bataya, tab bhi usne mere kaam ki respect ki...", he trailed off, smiling dreamily, whilst thinking of Sonakshi. Anant and Daadi had the widest grins possible, etched on their faces.

Meanwhile, at the Bose Residence, Sona was getting ready to visit her future in-laws' place, the Dixit Mansion, for the very first time to meet Dev's Daadi. She had gotten dressed up in a simple orange Anarkali suit and a pair of jhumkas in her ears. She got ready the same way she did any other day and did not go overboard with her dressing as she did not want to play hard to win over Daadi but wanted her to like her the way she actually was. Soon after she had gotten ready, Sona sought her mother's blessings and left for the Dixit Mansion.

Daadi had already arrived, along with Dev and Anant, and was freshening up, before joining the others downstairs, in the living room, for a little round of gupshup, before settling down for dinner.
The entire Dixit family had been chatting happily together. Ishwari filled Daadi in on the details of DevAkshi's engagement preparations. Both Dev and Soumya were seated on either side of Daadi, and they too were filling her in on the things she had missed out on in their lives.

Just when everyone proceeded for lunch, the doorbell rang, indicating Sona's arrival. Soumya, who was eager to meet Sona and had been patiently waiting for her arrival, rushed to open the door and jumped at Sona in joy, leaving her completely stunned. Recovering from Soumya's sudden joyous attack, Sona too hugged her back, with much affection and adoration. Everyone in the family along with Daadi looked at the duo in awe. Dev, as usual, looked the happiest among them all.