The Problem

Have you ever stopped to think about yourself? About your role in life and what you're doing? Are you happy? What do you feel is holding you back?

If you have ever questioned the way things are then I hope you keep reading. This is not a self-help book or a conspiracy theory. This is life...okay, maybe it's a little bit of a self-help book.
There are a lot of people in this world. At this point in time we are approaching 9 billion. That's a lot of humans. This rapid growth will most likely continue over the years thanks to longer lifespans, education and modern medicine. The average lifespan today is 79 years. For most people these years are spent going to school then going to work and maybe, eventually retiring. You are born, you have roughly 5 years then you go to school. You stay in school for 13 years in normal cases. At age 18 you are tossed into "the real world" as if you weren't there the whole time. Now you must decide if you're going to work for the rest of your life or further your education. Of course they didn't mention when you're done furthering your education you will start life with thousands of dollars of debt. Plus you also get to work for the rest of your life, only now your expensive scrap of paper you earned helps you make more money. Worth it in the long run, right? Except they also didn't mention that you may not get a job, or it may not be in the field of your studies. So why did you go through all of that trouble?