Prologue

The Hit List

Prologue:

Twenty-Four years before…

  There’s a beautiful blonde woman holding a baby in her arms. She’s smiling at her in the hospital bed, and a man comes in. He’s got shining white teeth that could blind you in seconds and he’s also a blond. He comes near the women and says “What should we name her”. The woman smiles and says Bella; the man jumps in and says Grace. The man then says “Bella Grace, it’s perfect.”

  Ten years later, the baby has turned into a beautiful young girl looking just like her mother. They all sit at the table and eat breakfast. A gunshot shatters the window and the girl starts crying. The house alarms starts and the mother calls 911. Two men break down the door and they shoot the father, who is trying so hard to protect both his daughter and his wife even though wounded. The mother drops the phone and whispers to her daughter to run. Her mom tells her to go anywhere but here and to never come back, no matter what. The girl runs out of the house and looks back only to find her father and mother lying on the ground, dead and bleeding. Lying on the ground with them is the two men who came into the house. Tears are flooding through the girl’s eyes and the last three words she hears from her mother is “I love you”, but from her father is “The Hit List.”