Chapter 5

We live our lives in uncertainty. Never knowing what will happen a week from now or a year from now. Living in the McCarthy house, I was terrified for the day Richard would come home fuming and result in a hospital visit or the end to my life. But now living in a dorm with Lucy, I see a glimpse of hope. This could be my chance to start over.

After Lucy left our room, I decided to take a walk around campus. Become familiar with it, i guess. I grabbed my jacket and made my way down the elevator and into the night.

Eastern University was much larger than I first anticipated. Building after building, my surroundings became unfamiliar. I check my phone to see its 12 o'clock now and I'm pretty sure I'm on the opposite end of campus than my dormitory.

"Great job Amelia, now your lost" I whispered to myself.

I continued down the street I was on. The school buildings fading into the distance. The streets now filled with homes.

Martha and I use to play a game we called Observant on our way to and from school. How to play was we would choose a random house, observe everything that was on the front lawn, and make up a story for said house. It wasn't much fun but it served as a distraction. And what I needed desperately right now was a distraction.

I choose a two-story house across the street with a black range rover in the drive. There's a worn out basketball hoop above the garage door and a forever 21 bag thrown on the lawn.

"A family of four" I whispered "An athletic son and stuck up daughter."

I have nothing against Forever 21,its just not my style ... Wait! is that car moving? All the lights inside the car are off but the street lights gives off enough light for me to see something moving inside the car. What if someones getting killed or raped in that car. NO! stop siking yourself out Amelia, its probably just the owner.

I couldn't help my curiosity and cross the street to get a closer look. My plan is I would walk by the car slowly and pretend to drop something.

Once I'm directly in front of the car I drop my jacket. All of a sudden the lights inside the car switch on and what I see is anything but pleasant.

Sex. In a car? Really?

This couples was really going at it, as if the world was ending or something. I normally wouldn't give it a second thought and walk away but this guy seems familiar. Messy brown curls. Tattoos. Why does he seem so familiar!

I was so caught up trying to put a name to his face, I hadn't noticed they stopped and where now getting out of the car. Shit! Way to be a creep Amelia!

I almost ran away but someone yanks at my hair making me turn to face them.

"What the fuck is your problem bitch! Just because you can't get laid doesn't mean you can go around watching other people have sex. Fucking perv!" A girl yelled. Raising her fist as if she was getting ready to punch me. Or in her case 'bitch slap'.

"Woah chill out Jenn! Amelia here probably just wanted to join in on the fun. Isn't that right Lia?" The guy says while sliding a black T-shirt on.

That voice. How does he know my name? I look up at him and once I see his emerald eyes I know it's Harry. I'm speechless. I'm mortified!

"Hey skank, don't fucking look at him, look at me!" This chick is getting on my nerves.

"Okay look I'm sorry, but it's not my fault your a slut who lets any random douchebag fuck you in a car. Have some self respect." Her jaw clenched, while a smirk grew on mine.

"Say it again!" Jenn said. " I dare you, bitch!"

"Better get a muzzle on your girl, Harry." I warned.

"Don't just stand there Harry, defend me!" Jenn snapped turning to look at him.

"Why should I, she's right. Thanks for the sex but this ends here." He said grabbing his car keys out if his pocket. This Harry dude has to be the hugest ass I've ever met.

"You both can fuck yourselves!" Jenn practically ran inside what I assume is her house.

Yep I was right, stuck up daughter.

Harry began walking towards his range rover. "I was just heading out for some food. You hungry Lia?"

"First of all, Don't call me that! And thanks but no thanks, I don't think going out to eat with a stranger who also happens to be a complete dick is the brightest idea." Harry slowly walks towards me.

"Come on love, you kind of owe me one." He can't be serious!

"And why is that?" I scoff in disbelief.

He shot an impatient glare in my direction. "Oh, get in. I'll be nice."

I knew it was wrong but something told me to get into Harry's car anyways.