chapter 4

I ran all the way back to the dorms. I ran so fast i felt i could faint any second,but anything is better than having to think about Richard and the abuse.

I probably ruined my chance of become friends with Lucy and the guys. I am truly mortified. I came to university to escape my past, but all it feels like is its coming back to bite me in the ass.

When I get to my room I hed straight into the shower. Maybe a hot shower will help calm my nerves.

I step in and close my eyes, letting the water engulf me.

~Flashback~

"Amelia, come and say hi to Martha." Angela called from the living room.

I walked into the living room already feeling sorry for Richards new victim. She will be living with a monster and she doesn't even know it.

"Hello I'm Amelia, its nice to meet you Martha." I said uninterested.

"umm its nice to meet you too."

"Amelia why don't you show Martha to your room while I get dinner ready."

"yeah sure " On the way up I nearly broke out crying.

"Amelia are you okay? " Martha asked from behind me.

When i reach the top of the staircase I turn to face Martha so fast we nearly bump heads.

"Martha its not safe for you here. Its not safe for me here. Angela's husband Richard is a complete monster. You have to get out of this house!" I rushed out.

"Wait what do you mean, Amelia your scaring me." You could see the fear in Martha's eyes but she has to know.

"LIA GET DOWN HERE NOW!" Shit!

"Okay Martha, Richard just got home. Whatever you do don't do anything that will make him notice you. I'm pretty sure your safe for tonight. But you have to be strong. You have to promise me you wont do anything stupid and in return ill help find a way to get you removed from this home." With that we hed downstairs. I always fear the time Richard gets home because I never know when he will want 'Richard and Lia time'.

"Act invisible." I warn Martha before sitting down at the table.

~End of Flashback~

*knock knock*

*knock knock*

"oh crap" how long have I been in here?!

I dry myself and rush to answer the door but the knocking stopped. I open the bathroom door and find Lucy sitting on my bed looking through my bag.

"Umm what do you think your doing!" I hissed. Lucy jumping at my voice.

"Shit, why would you scare me like that?" is she serious?

"Why would you be looking through my stuff! I don't even know you! "

" Well I came to check if you were okay but you were in there forever and I got bored."

"That still doesn't give you the right to go through my stuff." I yelled.

"Okay, I'm sorry I'm just worried about you. You kindof ran off." Why does she care? No one else has.

" I don't see why you would care, dont you have your playboy to screw? " I regret my words immediately after they leave my mouth.

" wow...and to think I actually wanted to be your friend. A wrong sense in judgement, I guess." she bent down and put her heels back on.

" Look Lucy, I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that. Sometimes i don't have a filter. Cant we please just start over? " please say yes.

She takes a while but she finally agrees.

"So tell me about your self Amelia. do you have a boyfriend? any weird talents? tell me anything, everything." This conversation is the one I always dread.

"Umm well my name is Amelia Collins I just turned 18 today. No boyfriend and pretty freaked out to be starting university in a week." Simple but safe. I don't want to scare away my first friend at uni.

"Well that's boring...I want to know your dirty secrets, and I know you have some. We all do."

"I don't feel comfortable sharing that kind of stuff just yet..."

"And to think we would be best friend who tell eachother everything." she says sounding offended but her lip curls into a smirk. "Okay lets make a deal...when your ready to open up I'll be the first person you tell your life story to."

This could be a good thing or a death sentence. What if she betrays me and goes to tell everyone what a mess I am? But what if this could lead to a real friendship? I could never know but what else do I have to lose right? I've already lost my innocence and my dignity.

"okay deal, but I don't know how long it will take for me to be truly ready to let some one in. Ive been alone most my life."

"No rush, just know that I'm here.

"Thanks Lucy." I smiled. "And im sorry you had to leave the party early just to check on me. You can go back, i'll be okay here."

"You sure? I can stay." Lucy said unsure.

"I'm positive, go have fun." I say standing and giving Lucy an awkward hug.