Chapter 1

Summer's POV
     I got up to the sound of my alarm. I quickly and quietly got dressed and ready. Even though it was Texas I wore this to hide the bruises from my dad for not doing everything perfectly and the cuts from myself to mask the pain.

 Even though it was Texas I wore this to hide the bruises from my dad for not doing everything perfectly and the cuts from myself to mask the pain

I use my makeup to cover up my one or two light bruises on my face

I use my makeup to cover up my one or two light bruises on my face. I go down stairs and I make my dad breakfast quietly not to wake him up. He treats me horribly because he blames me for mom leaving. I tried once to tell mom to get full custody or to just tell her, but when he found out he beat me to almost death. I set the breakfast on the counter and cleaned up my mess. I quickly grabbed my bag and headed to school. I arrive to class an hour and a half early, but I have tutoring at the elementary school now and then I just get to school early. My mom sends me money for clothes, but I have to earn the rest for myself. Tutoring went by fast for me because I love it. It is a way for me to do something actually right and it makes me feel good even though I get paid for it. I head toy school and I put on my headphones and go to the classroom and chill until all of the other kids show up and then I go to my locker and get my stuff. Time flies by fast and then I go to my locker on the way their I see Kale and her crew of Jada and Brec. Kale used to be a really good friend of mine and she used to be super nice. Until when Freddy broke up with her she thought it was for me. Even though he told her the reason and it was because they just didn't have much in common. Ever since then Kale bullied me. They snare at me, but they can't do to much because they are in front of a lot of people. They trip me and I fell on the ground. My lower hand got cut up by the fall so when I got to my locker I had to bandage it up. I got my stuff and I saw Tomika coming so I put on my fake smile. " Hey Summer!" She said and replied," Hey Tomiks!" We talk and walk to class. She doesn't even know what I am going through and how hard it is to hide it from her. We are in class early even Freddy which surprised me. But Mr. Finn isn't here yet though. When the bullying started my crush on Freddy went down a bit, because if I showed anything I would be bullied to death by Kale. So I still like him on the inside and it is nice to have a person I love that hasn't hurt me bedsides Tomika. I accidentally knocked my books and I picked them up and I happened to be facing Freddy. He say my hand and and soon as I sat up he grabbed it and said," Summer what happened what is wrong with your hand?" I quickly think of an excuse and snatch back my hand and say," Oh, nothing. I just tripped and scraped my hand on concrete. You know how clumsy I am! It's no big deal I do it all the time!" I turn to face the front and I know Freddy doesn't fully believe me. It's not a full lie, I just lied about tripping myself. No one can no about my problems, because it will only make it worse. If he would have had my hand any longer he would have seen my cuts. I am glad he didn't.
Freddy's POV
     I saw something underneath her sleeve and I need to find out what it is. I don't fully believe Summer about the trip, but I don't really know for sure. Something is happening to Summer and I need to know why and what. Her smiles seem more and more fake everyday and she seems more distant as well. I need to save Summer before she is fully gone for good.
No One's POV
     Freddy didn't realize that if he does he might make things extremely worse. Even by just trying to find out. Or that Summer's biggest wish is that no one would ever find out. And that because it is their Sophomore year that she was counting down the days tell graduation and she could leave it all behind. Except the cutting and the starving herself that would need support to move on from.
Author's Note
    Hello Readers! I hope you liked this chapter! I know I haven't fully finished Closing Time, but I only have one more chapter and I am waiting a day or two to write it. Y'all wanted a Bullying book so I am giving it to you. I am trying my hardest to make this different from the others. I know you wanted Freddy to be the Bully, but I didn't want it. Update soon.
~ C