Eleven

Mark was walking, with you on his back. A good 20 minutes passed since he started walking from the crash site. He couldn't call anyone for help because both his and your phone were in the car when it blew up. So he decided to keep walking towards the place he was going to take you. And hopefully find help there. He felt you hum a little and move your fingertips.

He stops walking and takes you off his back, then lays you down on his jacket, "y/n?"

You responded with a groan which makes him smile. "My head..." you say putting your hand on your head, trying to stand.

"Stop, you don't need to walk, I can carry you." Mark says as he tries lifting you again.

"No no I'm fine," you say standing up and smiling.

"You're not," He says crossing his arms.

"I am," you say with a smile on your face. "Jinja."

He chuckles at your korean and nods.

You both begin to walk. In silence. You want to say something but after what he just said happened with the car you don't want to make it a bigger problem so you just stayed quiet.

"I'm sorry," you turn your head to Mark who decided to break the silence.

"What—"

"It's all my fault this happened."

"Mark, don't blame yourself."

"If we just stayed in your town, nothing would've happened," he looks back and forth before crossing the dark street.

"Where's the fun in that?" You chuckle. He looks at you and a smile forms on his face.

"You think this is fun?" He laughs at your weird behavior.

"I mean, it's better than a boring old dinner date that's for sure," you reply.

He points ahead, "look a gas station!"

You both start to run towards it. Once you walk in you immediately feel intimidated by the big men walking by the both of you.

Mark looks like a twig compared to them so you can't count on him to protect you.

"Can we use your phone?" Mark asks the cashier.

"What brings you here?" She starts chewing on her gum louder and starts to twist a piece of her hair around her finger which makes you want to vomit. She's obviously seducing him.

You walk away towards a man who's leaning on a lamp right outside the store smoking a cigar. You look back at Mark who seems to still be talking to the woman.

"Hello," you say to the man kindly. He looks at you up and down and doesn't reply. "Do you have a phone?" You ask.

He nods.

"May I use it? Our car blew up."

He raises his eyebrows at you and hands you his phone.

You stare at the dial screen and wonder who to call. You don't know many people so there really isn't anyone you can call. You don't want to call your parents because they will question Mark and his age and such. In the end, you decided to call a taxi. You tell the taxi driver where you are and eventually hang up. You thank the man and walk back inside to tell Mark. He doesn't seem to notice you're return.

"Hey Legandary Mark, I got a taxi," you say crossing your arms.

"Aish, don't say my name..." he whispers.

"Oh, Mark?" The woman behind the counter says walking around the counter so she can be closer to him. She starts to touch the collar of his shirt, tracing her finger up and down the curves of his skinny body.

You walk in between them and grab his hand. "He's taken lady."

"By who? By you?" She says chuckling.

"No, music." You say and walk out dragging him behind you. Once you both reach outside you speak up again. "You could've just walked away," you say to him but he just looks back at the door we just walked through.

"I'm taken by music?" He asks, finally turning his gaze to you.

"I mean, you can't really date... at least, I don't think you can..." you answer looking down the road.

"I mean, I'm at the age where I should date..." he trails off.

You however ignore him and wait for the taxi, you're tired and hungry. All you're hoping for is that you have enough money for the drive home. You only have about 30 bucks.

Once the taxi driver pulls up next to you both, Mark opens the door for you, you get in and he follows.

"Where to?" The taxi driver asks. He looks at you guys through the mirror above the radio.

You look at Mark then back at the driver, "um how much to *town*?"

"Maybe, 210?" He says unsure. We definitely do not have that much. I sink down in my seat feeling hopeless.

"What about the beach?" Mark asks. I look at him wide eyed, beach?

"maybe 40." The driver says.

"Um we only have 30..." I say quietly, I'm honestly hoping he will cut us some slack.

He looks at us for a few seconds then starts driving, "I'll take it."