Chapter 46 you're not alone

Dwight pov

Walking around my room then We hear a knock I look at Xavier he got up and open my door to see Eugene he walk in with pickles jar? looking around my room and look right at us

"I'd like to express my sincere thanks for your both support at the recent confab I was doing my level best to stay fully on the DL, but sometimes the mouth-brain neuronal connection experience is a misfire, and foot met mouth at an unavoidable velocity," Eugene said.

"You were right in there if you didn't say it I would've," I said.

"As a token of my appreciation, I brought you some primo cukes from my private stash I'd like you and Xavier to accept these as a sign of my faith that we will, in fact, find a way out of this pickle pun intended," Eugene said.

"Thank man," Xavier said taking it from him I rolled my eyes and look at Eugene "thanks for stopping by," I said but he annoys me touching my army figures

"Hey don't touch that it's still wet," I said.

"My apologies," Eugene said

I putting back it was

"You DIY'D these?" Eugene asked.

"That's right," I said.

He nodded and got up to leave but he stops and looks at us "I fully understand the reasoning behind your both truly being prime subject in pretty much any Benedict Arnold type situation and in light of that, I'm doubly grateful to have you both watching my six" Eugene said.

"You were right back there we didn't say anything more than that," I said.

He didn't say anything he just left my room I close the door behind him and we start planning the next plan.

Time Skip

Negan pov

"You helped the weak before this?" Gabriel asked.

I look at him kids "you don't show them the way, well they turn out like garbage little assholes become great big ones, so you show them the way adults, they need it to the government, laws religion, guilt people are weak" I said.

"Everyone?" Gabriel Asked

"Yes, everyone," I said.

"You're weak killing the innocent" Gabriel said.

"Right and goddamn wrong I'm weak, but me killing the innocent? That ain't why gabey I Said getting up I look down at him we'll wait a little bit longer, see if my people can pull it together" I said.

He looks at me "why are you weak?" Gabriel asked.

"That's the wrong question it is how I am weak you see, the thing is, I am also strong everyone is a mix you can use your weaknesses to drive your strength, and obviously I am strong as shit I took this place, and it was a damn free for all a loose confederation of assholes,  an army made up of gangs of animals, and I brought it all together the last guy that was in charge, he wasn't in charge of shit he allowed people to be weak I don't I make them strong which makes this world strong you're gonna see, Gabey see I'm gonna make you my new special project gonna make you nice and strong too we're gonna find your special purpose hell yes we are" I said

He Looks away from me "I'm strong I've killed I was at the satellite station I was a part of that" Gabriel said.

I glare at him and walk toward him "then you killed my people while they were sleeping well look at you, swinging your dick sure Gabe that's strong but that's not what I'm talking about" I said.

"Tell me how you're weak we might be dead soon you may be dead wouldn't you want to confess before all that happens wouldn't you want absolution before that forgiveness," Gabriel said getting up in front of me

"Costs you nothing more than saying the truth aloud you don't think you have anything to confess people you've killed, "  Gabriel said waiting for my answer.

"I haven't killed anyone that didn't need it," I said.

"Y/n father and the workers you treat like Slaves" Gabriel ask.

I rolled my eyes "it's an economy some people win, some people lose, but no one's a slave, no one's going hungry and you couldn't say that before all this" I said.

"Carl told us about your wives the women you pressure into marrying you, " Gabriel said.

I start to annoy him and walk end of the room

"Every one of those ladies made a choice," I said.

"Was there a first?" Gabriel said hitting a nerve

"One before all of this a wife you promised to have and to hold, forsaking all others one you told that lie to", Gabriel said.

I took a deep breath and hold Lucille in my hand, "Lucille, give me strength I Said then he took the gun from behind me I quickly pushed him then that asshole made noise I about to grab him but he quickly got in the bathroom I look down at the walkers and I start killing them all right, Gabe no one's coming for us you took your shot shots it's time to go" I Said grabbing the dead walker.

I walk to the door and said "we have Lucille to help us get to the sanctuary we have that gun we should use it most importantly, Gabriel we have each other people are a resource we make it inside, we live" I said.

He didn't say anything so I kept going "we can take a chance we can gut up play dead ones across the Courtyard or I can just kill you but y/n will be mad at me again that is not what I want what I want is for you to work with me that is all I ever want" I said.

Then he finally said something "I've killed before, but that's not my greatest sin I locked my congregation out of my church when this all just started I listened to them die as I cowered I failed them I failed god and every day, I work to lessen that failure to be of service and purpose now I offer you the assurance of a pardon penance and absolution I will go with you I will show you that working together as equals is the only true way to grace to a future I will do this if you confess" Gabriel said.

I lean on the door and sighs "Jesus Gabe what you did, that is some horrible, cowardly spineless shit but I guess that's what a confession's supposed to be right" I Said.

He didn't say anything

I sigh "my first wife was a real wife my only real wife till death did us part it was before this  I lied to her, I screwed around on her and she was sick when she went, it was during this I couldn't put her down that is how I was weak that is what I will confess because yeah maybe we do bite the  big one here" I said leaning off the door waiting to see him come out the bathroom.

"you're forgiven", Gabriel said showing me his gun. Then I punched him in the face

"thanks you can keep your gun," I said

I Start telling the plans to escape.