Chapter 3

•Jade's POV•

The next day

'The first time I met you, you told me you never fall in love'.

I grunted and turned off my alarm getting out of bed. After slipping into a white singlet and a pair of blue jeans, I braided my bangs out of my face then put on my make up. Once I finished all of that, I grabbed my bag and my shoes.

Today I needed to get to school early so I could practice my lines before the auditions. This is a huge deal because scouts are going to be there and if I get the part, I could get a scholarship. That would be helpful since I'm short on my budget for college.

As I headed downstairs, I could smell the bacon and eggs being cooked along with some pancakes. I heard my mum and brother chatting away. I was surprised she wasn't working today. When I reached the last couple of stairs I jumped and slid into the kitchen.

"Hey mum." I greeted kissing her cheek as I grabbed a few pancakes on a plate beside her. Then I sat on the island beside Kyle as I stole come bacon from him and grabbed the syrup.

"Mum!" Kyle complained. No we aren't British, we just grew up that way saying 'mum' instead of 'mom'.

"Morning Jade. And Kyle stop complaining. You're the one who took all the bacon." She scolded. I snickered at him as he muttered 'whatever'.

--

When I arrived at school hardly anybody was there. There was at least 40 minutes until classes would start. Sam and I planned to meet here early so she could help me practice. She said she'd be here soon so I went in and put my stuff away. Then I headed back outside under a tree to wait for Sam to come.

I really need to perfect this audition, I need the scholarship. Scouts from Standford, Princeton, even Yale were going to be at the play. It would be a dream come true if I got accepted into one of those schools. Especially since I was only AP in English. I was never good at science, math or sports for that matter. That was all Samantha. Most of the time I was jealous of her but she is still my best friend. Honestly, I'd be lost without her.

"Hello love" a British voice called out to me. When I looked over I saw Tyler. How lovely.

"Morning Tyler." I greeted as I looked away. More people have arrived but none of them were Sam.

"What are you doing here so early?" He questioned.

"Is that really any of your business?" I asked him as he sat down beside me.

"Um, well no. But yolo?" He suggested amusingly. I laughed quietly and moved slightly away from him. Hopefully he hadn't noticed.

"Don't say yolo. It's stupid. I'm here early because I'm going to run my lines with Sam once she gets here. She's helping me with my audition." I explained to him knowing he wouldn't leave me alone unless I did.

"I could help run lines with you if you want." He offered kindly. My jaw dropped slightly but I quickly regained myself putting on my poker face.

I never thought Tyler would actually help me with, well anything. It shocked me actually. I wasn't sure if I should accept or not. Sam wasn't here yet and I could use the extra help. But I wasn't convinced that he actually wanted to help me. I swore that this was all a joke. And if it was I'd make sure to chop off his dick by tonight.

"Erm, are you sure? And if this is a joke just stop okay? I really don't need it this morning. Seriously, where is the real Tyler? Are you his twin?" I kept piling up the questions while he laughed.

"Yes, I'm sure. It's not that big of a deal Jade. This isn't a joke, I promise. What's wrong with this Tyler? He's nice, sweet, funny... Cute. And I could never have a twin! The world can barely deal with all of this sexiness!" He winked jokingly referring to himself. I actually laughed. Really hard. My cheeks got so hot I probably looked like a tomato.

"Awh, she's blushing!" He teased.

"Shut up. Okay you can help me." I gave in as he cheered. He is so weird.

--

"Alright, ready?" I asked.

"Ready." He replied.

"But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
Who is already sick and pale with grief,
That thou her maid art far more fair than she:
Be not her maid, since she is envious;
Her vestal livery is but sick and green
And none but fools do wear it; cast it off.
It is my lady, O, it is my love!
O, that she knew she were!
She speaks yet she says nothing: what of that?
Her eye discourses; I will answer it
I am too bold, 'tis not to me she speaks:
Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven,
Having some business, do entreat her eyes
To twinkle in their spheres till they return.
What if her eyes were there, they in her head?
The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars,
As daylight doth a lamp; her eyes in heaven
Would through the airy region stream so bright
That birds would sing and think it were not night.
See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand!
O, that I were a glove upon that hand,
That I might touch that cheek!" Tyler spoke the lines of Romeo. My mouth dropped. That was AMAZING. I regained posture and read my line, still pretty shocked.

"Ay me!" I read my short line.

"She speaks:
O, speak again, bright angel! for thou art
As glorious to this night, being o'er my head
As is a winged messenger of heaven
Unto the white-upturned wondering eyes
Of mortals that fall back to gaze on him
When he bestrides the lazy-pacing clouds
And sails upon the bosom of the air." He spoke. I AM SO JEALOUS. HE'S BETTER AT THIS THAN ME.

"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
And I'll no longer be a Capulet." Tyler stared at me and I felt nervous. This is so awkward. Never in a million years would I thought this would happen.

"Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?"

"'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself." Tyler kept looking at my extra copy of the script and me. I was dying to know what he was thinking of.

"I take thee at thy word:
Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized;
Henceforth I never will be Romeo." He spoke with such passion. My heart was beating so fast and loud I was afraid he could hear it.

"What man art thou that thus bescreen'd in night
So stumblest on my counsel?"

"By a name
I know not how to tell thee who I am:
My name, dear saint, is hateful to myself,
Because it is an enemy to thee;
Had I it written, I would tear the word." I looked over and saw Sam starting to come into the parking lot. I'm guessing Tyler saw too because he cleared his throat handing my paper back.

"You did an amazing job Jade. You're gunna ace that audition." He complimented.

'Why can't Tyler stay? Why can't he always be this nice?' I asked myself. I didn't want him to leave. I felt so safe with him. And he was so cute. Whenever he smiled, my stomach filled itself with butterflies and my pulse always rises. I wonder what it would be like to cuddle with him. Is he a good kisser? God I always get lost in his eyes. He's so-

NO. I can't do this. All these flash backs started coming back. How he hurt me. How he used me.

"Jade are you ok? You zoned out. It looks like you're about to cry." Tyler said worriedly. I looked away and wiped a tear that escaped quickly before he could see anything.

"Yeah, just allergies." I said hoarsely. My head turned back towards him. He still looked confused but didn't question me anymore. Thank the lord.

"You should go. Your girlfriend is here. I have to go anyways. Thanks for the help and the company. See you around yeah?" He just watched as I gathered my things.

"Yeah. Um, my pleasure. See u." And with that I walked away. I could practically feel his blue eyes burn through me.

Please tell me I don't have feelings for Tyler.
Because I can't get hurt again.