3

"Taylor? Hellooo, earth to Taylor!"

She was lost in her own thoughts... again. It wasn't the first time that day that her friends had to work for her attention.

"Leave her alone, Kat." Her friend Maria said, "You already know she's too busy thinking bout her mysterious boy to pay us any attention."

Taylor had only heard that last part, confused about what her friends were talking about.

"What?" She questioned them.

"You see," Maria continued, rolling her eyes and looking over at Kat, "she only tunes in when it's about him."

Taylor rolled her eyes at her two friends, gathering her things, getting ready to head home.

"Whatever. I'll see you both at the shoot tomorrow, I'm leaving."

They groaned as she walked towards the door, they were only teasing. Taylor playfully flipped them off as she walked out, shutting the door, barely able to hear their muffled responses.

Taylor wasn't leaving because her friends kept teasing her about the cute boy she wouldn't shut up about, she was leaving because she was hungry and her friends had a shoot soon anyways. It just felt more dramatic for her to leave earlier than planned, all in good fun.

When she entered the hotel elevators, she faced away from the doors as she tried to fix her makeup in one of the mirrored walls. The doors dinged open on a random floor on the way down, her eyes looking up and meeting a familiar face.

"You again." She said, finally turning around and facing forward.

The boy blushed in response, looking down and debating whether to step in or wait for the next cart. Taylor made that decision for him, stepping forward and stretching her arm out to hold the doors open for him. He quickly stepped in, moving to the opposite side of the enclosed space.

"My uh-" She paused, thinking of the right words to use, she wasn't used to speaking in Korean, these past two days being the most she's spoken in a long time. She continued, "My friends are visiting from outside of the country, they're staying here- at this hotel, I mean. I came to visit before they start work."

"Oh." He nodded his head, "From where are they visiting?"

"One's from Brazil, the other from Amsterdam."

He smiled in response and kept his head down.

She took that as her cue to stop talking, not wanting to force him to converse if he didn't want to. They were silent the rest of the ride down, only acknowledging each other to say goodbye as they went their separate ways. She was almost to the lobby when his voice called out for her, it being the first time he's said her name. She turned around and stood in place as he approached her.

"Have you, umm, had breakfast yet?" She shook her head no in response, "My hyungs were too tired to join me. Would you mind- I mean, do you want to join me? But only if you want to because you definitely don't have to if you don't."

Taylor smiled as he rambled, she found it adorable that she made him nervous, "I'd love to have breakfast with you, Jungkook."

He smiled in relief and led the way to the dining area at the other end of the hotel. Jungkook wasn't exactly sure as to why he asked this girl to share a meal with him. Maybe it was because Namjoon Hyung wouldn't shut up about the girl from the party, maybe it was because he found her beautiful, maybe it was just nice to get out of his shell for once and make friends, he wasn't sure.

As they sat across from each other, looking through the menu's to pass time until the waiter came to their table, Taylor asked if he'd enjoyed his visit to New York. She found out that this was his second visit to America, the first being a while ago when he went to California. He admitted that he enjoyed his time in Los Angeles more because at least then he had time to be a tourist and explore the city a little bit. That, giving her an idea.