Part 1; John Young

In a flash of gold, someone grabbed her by the arm, and they teleported.

Grabbing the recruit had been easy. Empty subway car, teleport in and go back to the base. Simple. The landing . . . Not so much. John Young stumbled, unfamiliar with the feeling of teleport in with another person.A moment later his face stung as the recruit, Cara Coburn, recovered from her initial surprise and slapped him. John, off balance, tripped and fell, and he could taste blood in his mouth."Who the hell are you?" She spat. "What do you want?""That doesn't matter," John said, spitting blood from his mouth as he got to his feet. "I have orders. I was told to bring you in and I brought you in.""John?" Cara asked, apparently recognizing his voice."Yeah and you're Cara, get to the point.""John, I . . . What. . . You were human.""Human? What the hell are you talking about?" John asked as he slowly turned around, confused as to how this girl knew him."John, you have your powers back." Cara gasped."Who are you?" John asked. "How do you know me?""John, it's me. It's me, Cara.""I know your name, it was on your file.""File?""You're a recruit, we want you to work for us.""Us? Who's us? What happened to you?""I don't know what kind of game you're playing here," John said, swallowing. "But I have never met you before and I have a job to do. I have more recruits to find and you to process.""Process?""You're the first recruit and my father said to track you down, get you processed so you're in the system and get you working for us." John said, annoyed. "So whoever you are, whoever you think I am, forget that. Whatever ex I remind you of, or . . . Or whoever . . . I'm not him.""Yes, you are." Cara said. "John, why are you doing this?""Doing what?""This, this . . . Amnesiac routine. Why, what's it for? Who's watching you, where are we, how do you have your powers?""I don't know what you're talking about, Miss Coburn, and frankly I don't have the time for it." John said as he straightened his leather jacket. "So would you please, Miss Coburn, follow me?""No, John, I won't. Not until you tell me what's going on." Cara said firmly, ignoring John as he gestured down the hallway."I just did tell you, Miss Coburn!""Stop calling me Miss Coburn, you ass, my name is Cara.""I don't know you, Cara." John said. "You're beautiful, but I don't know you."Without thinking, Cara kissed him. She felt something inside of her that she hadn't felt since she and Stephen had broken up two months ago. Something . . . Something good. Something wonderful.As she pulled away, John opened his eyes, and for just a moment Cara thought she saw a spark of recognition. A moment later it was gone, and his blue eyes were just as blank as before."You really don't recognize me." She realized."Should I?" He asked in a whisper."I'll say," She whispered as she touched his lips.John blinked and moved his fingers to his lips, then swallowed, trying to get his mind clear.