Thomas Jefferson {Hamilton}

MODERN AU

As you walked into the bar your shoulders slumped.

Why had God bestowed upon you the worst life imaginable?

This morning your car had broken down in the middle of the road when some asshole drove into the back off it, your boyfriend had broken up with you via text and your now ex-boss had just fired you because his gold digger girlfriend didn't like the fact you stood up for yourself and co-workers. So now your here. At a bar. Wondering if you did something wrong in a past life to deserve this fowl existence that you can't seem to get away from.

A man with puffy black hair sits next to you and orders a glass of some fancy wine. You sit in silence 'till he notices that some ones sitting next to him. He offers you a flirty smile causing you to consequently your roll my eyes and look away. He looks taken a back that any person would reject him but stays persistent.

"What's a girl like you doin' in a place like this?" He asks in a strong southern drawl smiling at you wryly.

"Wandering what I did wrong in my past life to deserve this." You say not paying attention to him.

His smile wavers but he continues.

"What's your name darlin'?"

"Y/N. Why?" You ask finally turning to look him in the eyes.

Damn! You could tell why this guy had looked surprised when you dismissed him earlier he was quite attractive but he defiantly knew it. He had melted chocolate brown eyes and was wearing a magenta Trench coat over a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt.

"Like what you see?" He teases making you blush.

"Nope." You say quickly. "What, might I ask, is your name Sir?" You ask sarcastically.

"Thomas Jefferson." You shake hands and signal for the bartender to bring you another beer.

"So what's happened today to make you feel so down?" He queries looking interested.

"Well where do I start? Um, my car broke down after some guy drove into the back off it, my boss fired me and the cherry on the top, my boyfriend broke up with me via text." You say exasperated and tear slipping down your face.

"Damn!" He says looking at you sympathetically wiping away the tear you let slip. "I bet they don't know what they're letting go."

"Oh please. You're just tryin' to get in my pants." You scoff.

"Not true!" He exclaims.

You give him a 'don't-lie-to-me' look. Then you see your ex and sister walking into the bar. Your sister kisses him passionately making your blood boil but you should have seen the signs before. All the lingering touches, phone calls, nicknames and weird eye contact. Damnit!

You grab Thomas' face and kiss him surprising you both at your boldness. He kisses back softly making you almost smile. Your hands slip in to his long, glossy, curly, soft hair as his hands go to your waist.

"Wanna go get something to eat?" You ask pulling away from the kiss.

"Sure." He says still dazed.

You link arms and walk out of the bar.

Maybe I have a new better thing in my life to make it worthwhile?

WOOP!

First story!

What do you think?
I won a 'co-author' competition with this so I hope you like it!

the book I'm co-writing with @Amberiso is Je T'aime read it if you want to!

Thanks

Author-Chan