a friend or a crush?

Blinked once. Twice. Was that a dream? Was I that upset that I started seeing things?

As I got up, I was in bed. Everything was clean. No food on the floor and no cat person.

“phew” I whispered to myself. Looking around the room, the clock caught my eye. Oh, its only 8:30am. Looking around again, I froze. It's 8:30 am. School starts at 8:45am, I have 15 minutes to put on everything. Jumping out of bed, I quickly put in on school uniform, grabbed breakfast while I was putting my shoes on. I'm I mess. Finishing breakfast, I had little time to pack lunch so I grabbed my wallet and got my bag. Closing the door with 1 foot and trying to do my tie. Who cares if I don't tie it probably? Running through the streets trying to catch my breath, I saw a girl up ahead. “stupid stop light.”

I managed to catch up with her, and since she's going this way, she's catching the train.

“morning” I said with a smile.

“morning” she smiled back.

She's wearing my uniform, she must come from my school. She had light brown hair, black eyes and only above my shoulders.

“Are you catching the train?” I asked politely.

“well, I have no choice. My mum started working opposite from school so I’ll be catching the train from now on” she replied back.

“nice to meet you, I'm Charlie” I said with bread hanging on my mouth as I try to shake her hand.

She shakes back and said, “I'm Bella”

“nice name” I complemented her.

As we kept walking, we finally arrived at the train station. Tori already beat me there. She was sitting with her bf again. I avoid her eye contact and grabbed bellas hand. On the corner of my eye, she didn't look to happy.

“what are you doing?” she asked with confusion.

“I'll explain later but for now, just hold my hand.” I whispered.

She turned around and did my tie. I guess she noticed. Tori saw what she was doing and turned towards her bf and gave him a kiss. So that's how you wanna play huh? I said to myself. The train arrived early and we got on. Bella still looks confused. But I said thank-you for doing my tie for me. It must be awkward holding a strangers hand who you just met and having to do it all the way to school. Tori and her bf sat two seats in front of us. Everything was silent till we going to school.

“olalala im guessing you found your lover?” winked a girl at the school gate.

“who's that bella?” I questioned her.

“shut it Luna, his just a...” she paused.

“a friend” I interrupted.

“thanks for coving me” she whispered.

“sorry about you having to hold my hand all the way to school” as I let go of her hand.

“it's okay, but I got to go, class is about to start. See you later” waving back at me. I better get a move on, I haven’t even eaten my bread yet. Passing Tori's locker, I got to mine. Her locker is only 2 lockers away from me. Grabbing all the things I need for first period, she gave me a smile. Of course I smiled back and went to class. Time went by and it was already lunch time. Searching for my wallet, I found yesterdays note from Tori and threw it in the bin. There's no use for that now. I said in my head. Heading to the cafeteria, I saw Bella and her friend Luna waiting in line. There wasn't anyone behind them so I sprinted towards them.

“owww” I said in pain. Laying on the wet floor, I didn't realise there was a sign that said “wet floor” on the ground until now. Bella and her friend looked at me strangely and helped me up. Luckily no one saw. Or else, I would have gotten laughed at.

“what's the hurry lover boy?” winked Luna.

Bella quickly elbowed her softly.

“You here to order food Charlie?” asked Bella.

“yeah. I had to run in case I had to wait longer” I said in a normal way which came out like I was drunk. Searching for any bumps on my head because I did hit the concrete, I ordered chicken salad sandwich with a bottle of water.

“Mind if I sit here?” I asked politely

“sure” said Bella with a smile. I looked at Luna and she had a suspicious face staring at me and Bella.

“are you up for Alexs party tonight?” said Luna while eating fried rice and spitting it on me.

“sure, why not?” as I eat my chicken sandwich and spat on Luna like she did to me. If anyone saw what we were doing, we'd probably be weirdos in their mind.

“here's my number” as I lean forward and showed her my phone. She quickly copied it and told me she was going to text me the details later. The bell rang 2 more times and it was home time. I waited for a text as I went home. This time everything was the same as I left it this morning. Messy.