Chapter 1

Wyatt's POV:

I don't mind rain. I don't mind going out in it, I love it actually sure but I don't like the effect it causes later down the line if it continues. 

The main advantage of rain is that my uncle Xin or Xin-Xin as what he's called is busy. Our people get scared by the rain, they worry for some reason. I don't understand why, we've never had a single deadly flood yet but hey ho whatever floats their boat.

Uncle Xin is usually busy going about making sure that our domain is safe and everyone is calm. He's not my real uncle don't worry, he's like a guardian for me insted of an actual parent.

Leaning against the cold glass I look ouside. My breath already causing the window to cloud. Slowly I wipe the window with my sleeve and peer outside. My room is on ground level unlike most of the other people here.

We live in the simple part, a simple cottage in a grassy plains. I like it up here better than down there, it feels more open. More calming.

Names Wyatt by the way. Son of Toffee our lord and saviour. One day I will be like him, I'm going to fight for my people's freedom and bring peace. Ever since birth that was my destiny, it was a prophecy ready to be fufilled. I'm soon to be fifteen years old, I'm going to make uncle Xin proud.

I stare out the window. The rainclouds blocking any bit of sun in the sky, I hope it clears up soon, people will start getting paranoid if it continues. Behind this cottage is a vast forest, that's what prevents the ememy from finding and killing us.

Xin Xin always tells us about Mewman's, horrible ugly beasts who use us for nothing more than punching sac's. Creatures who killed many of us for sport, creatures who never gave us a chance to make peace and creatures who don't know how to love.

I heard the stories way to much times not to be familiar with them. In all honesty it gets annoying after awhile. I just don't like history even if it is the reason why we live like this. I don't like it at all.

I close the blinds, I want to see what uncle Xin's up to. Sliding off the bed I feel the cold floor beneath my feet, I reach up for my jacket and boots then slip them on. I scurry across the halls to the back room.

I put my hand on the knob and put my tail into the keyhole to unlock the door. There is no key, it is a form of protection in a way. I slide into the room, shut, then lock the door behind me. That door must always stay shut incase the Mewmans come. I climb over all the trash, old toys and clothes in that room then dive down in the back left corner.

After rummaging for several seconds in the dephs of the laundry I feel my hand on the hatch door.

I open it up and slide into it, some clothes falling in by mistake. I shove all the clothes up and shut the hatch closed as fast as I can.

Taking a deep breath I head down the corridor. My boots squelchng on the hard floor, my breathing is the only other thing making noise in this hall. I stand at the top of the staircase and slide down the banister.

As I slide down, the cold air felt relaxing against my face. The closer I get to the bottom the more noise I hear, my people busy in the village.

At the bottom I open the door and slip into the village. They all live underground, it would attraattract attention if we all lived on the surface.

I pass the main marketing areas, the many houses and the many many kids running around the place. At least some people's spirits are up down here, many are just scaredly staring up at the ceiling as if the ground is going to collapse on them.

I gaze around and see uncle Xin, he is on what looks like a soap box and is giving out orders. I guess it's going to rain for awhile longer then. One day I'm going to be doing that on rainy days in the future.

After a few minutes everyone has retreated to their houses, coming back out with boxes and suitcases. The kids carrying either food or sleeping bags for the tents.

The guards open the doors to the staircase after a few hours and let the citizens flood on in to put up their tents or their stalls.

I head back up to my room after it got boring to watch.

There's nothing to do around here.