Chapter 3

Wyatt's pov

Heading back upstairs is always a nightmare. Going down you can slide down the banaster then jump of without breaking a sweat. Going up however doesn't have anything you can slide up with.

Today getting upstairs is more of a hassle due to so many people rushing about, setting up camp, getting all their kids together and so on. On my way up I hear people greeting me, saying that they are honoured to be in my presence.

It's kinda weird if you ask me.

Once I get to the hatch I jerk it open then quickly climb through before stuff falls out. Afterwards I sit under the mountains of junk, catching a breath before I have to swim through it all.

Soon I get to my feet and start pushing my way through everything before reaching the door.

Once again I put my tail into the keyhole opening it with no problem, over the years I find that I'm actually getting better at this. When I was little Xin always had to open the door for me. It's kinda funny looking back on it now.

I go back to my room and look out the window. The rains stopped. The sky's clear, you know what that means??

Time to go out and have some fun.

I hurry and rush to the door before-

"Wyatt, where are you going?" sugar.

I straighten up then hesitantly turn around. There, standing right in frount of me, clipboard and all is my uncle Xin.

"I'm going out to the forest" I say trying to be as formal as I possibly could.

"Okay but you should've came to me to say where your going. Be back by dark" and with that he was already walking back to the backroom. Didn't even give me a chance to respond, but who am I to complain too much?

I open the door then eagerly slam it behind me taking in the fresh air, freshly made puddles and the little bits of rain dropping off the rainings on the stairs- whatever you call them.

I go down the few steps before grabbing my skateboard. There's an old abbandoned skate park nearby that I love to go to. It may be old but it's a great place to just, chill.

Once I make it to the skatepark I take out my skaskateboard and put it on the ground. As I put my foot on it I hear something.

As quickly as I could I get down on all fours, I find it easier to attack when I'm closer to the ground.

I hear some rusting in the bushes. Then some voices, and then suddenly I hear a snap and some laughter.

What in the world is goin' on?