Flashback Four.

It's the summer before junior year, the day before July 4th, and Dinah is at Lauren's house for the week.

They're on the couch watching the Lion King, since Lauren is still spooked from two hours before, when Dinah dared her to watch The Exorcist with her. She spent most of the time hiding her eyes behind the (now spilled) bowl of popcorn, as Dinah claimed the Five Second Rule, trying to scoop up as many of the pieces as she could before shoveling them into her mouth.

By now, Dinah has refreshed the popcorn bowl, and the pizza has arrived and since been devoured. There are M&M bags scattered and strewn around the area they're sitting in, only a pillow separating Lauren and Dinah's bodies.

"Why are you so obsessed with this movie? You watch it all the damn time now." Dinah asks, faking a sense of irritation.

Lauren shrugs. "I got sick of watching sad movies. And it seems like happy endings are only in the movies for kids now."

"Before life gets to them." Dinah agrees.

Lauren shrugs again, mulling Dinah's words over. "I guess, but it isn't even that. After Alicia left, I just wanted to see something happy."

Whatever Dinah was planning to say next, teasing or not, disappears from her mind. Her eyes convey something else instead of a teasing glee now, something akin to understanding. She gets the pillow between them and tosses it aside, reaching over and holding Lauren in an embrace.

"I mean this in a completely friend way, but I am so proud of you."

"Thanks, DJ." Lauren beams, the kind of smile that makes you close your eyes and nearly radiate an aura of light. "You're so amazing."

"I know." Dinah grins as she flips her hair.

"But really," Lauren admits, voice becoming a lot more quiet. "In a completely friend way, I don't know what I would do without you. Thank you. For being there."

"And thank you, Lauser." Dinah replies. "For letting me be there."

-

A/N: RIP Framed!Dinah, next chapters coming up will be the next video and the resolution of the book.

Thank you so much for reading, I love you all so much <3, stay safe and stay lit

-Sel