Chapter 17: Wanting to be better

Lucy POV
I'm staring into his eyes.
"For what?" I say because I don't know what else to say.
"Being dumb, causing you all that pain in the past, I'm sorry for everything that I did" He said.
"Don't be sorry for everything, remember that time when we played basketball and the time when I made you a scarf" I stop as I see he's crying.

"Natsu! Why are you crying?!" I say as I get closer to him giving him a box of tissues.

"I'm trying my best to show you I've matured and that I want you into my life again. I want you to believe me when I say I love you, and that I need you. I wouldn't know what to do if you didn't want me, but I understand why you would. Im afraid I'm going to hurt you Lucy, but at the same time my selfishness gets the better of me. That's why I'm trying to be a man than some stupid playboy-" I cut him off with my hands.

I wipe his tears and hold his face near mine.
"You might have not been the best boyfriend, or actually you were the worst boyfriend" He covers his face so I put him where his face is in the crook of my neck.

I laugh for a second.
"No im sorry Natsu, but gotta face the truth sometimes. Prove to me that you want us. I'm still kind of holding a grudge against Lisanna but I'm trying to let it go..." I say.

"Who?"

Okay not the point.

"Anyway I'm going to go sleep now in my bed, you'll be sleeping here" I look at him sternly. He nods in a cute way.

I clean the popcorn bowl and I give Natsu pillows and a blanket.

I go to my room and plop on my bed.
"Stupid! Did I sound desperate?! Ughh!" I'm hoping I said the right things to let him know, I want that spark to happen but to also be very cautious.

I curl myself up in my blanket and I'm trying to sleep.

I keep on tossing and turning and I groan. Doesn't the guy in the movies come into the girls room to sleep secretly with her?

He probably thinks this is what it means by being cautious... he's right, I just- I'm complicated.

I slowly open my door and tiptoe to the living room. I see Natsu slumped. His mouth is open and snoring. I can't help but think it's cute. I check if he's sleeping by flicking his forehead...

Flick... snoreeeee

Great! I'll just wake up before he does and go to my bed.

I get on the couch and I snuggle between Natsu and my pillow. I wrap my arms around his waist.

I get myself situated and my face is in the crook of his neck. I'm smiling against his skin and he suddenly moves!

I get stiff after a few moments I relax again. I'm about to sleep in the comfort of his arms and warmth until he says something.

"Look who's here" He laughs sleepily.
"Did I wake you?" I said worried about to get up.
"Luce, Stay" He wraps his arms around me.

I get a sense of safety and love all of a sudden. I smile and I can feel his smiling on my forehead. He places a kiss before he dozed off.
I doze off before I wake up again for no reason.

I wish there was a shooting star. I'll just have to pretend it's there.
"I wish we can be happy" I say.
"And I wish we can be happy together" Natsu says.

"Now sleep" I have a lot to do today but I'm taking the whole day off.

I rest in his arms, finally getting some sleep.
_•_