2-"Lets Elope"

Authors note: a Moment of Appreciation for my best friends, Malaika Amin and Jannat for thier Amazing suggestions for the story🌶

Rule 2-
The path to the truth is a labour of the heart, not the head. Make your heart your primary guide! Not your mind. Meet, challenge and ultimately prevail over your nafs with your heart. Knowing your ego will lead you to the knowledge of God

"I'm sorry for betraying you like this... But I Love him"

Whispering to no one in particular, her voice broke towards the end as she contemplated upon her reckless decision. Pushing her veil upwards in fear of recognition, a warm tear cascaded down her rosy cheeks as she ferociously wiped it away.

'It's your own choice'

Her emerald orbs, which now swam with sadness in the deepest depths of despair, scanned the wedding marquee, knowing it was the last time she would witness the mesemerizing sight infront of her;

Her Home

Glancing towards the wedding, her eyes pooled with another set of fresh tears, watching the women dressed in exquisite dresses which had costed thousands; with a smile etched across their face which broadened into resounding laughter on the supposedly humourus jokes they cracked.

The soft melody of the traditional 'tappay' enjoined with the endless chatter of the desi aunties as they gossiped away their jealousy, made way towards her. Such happiness seemed surreal, like a mere hallucination which would disappear at arms length. Such thoughts had her scoffing at the wedding infront.

Knowing it was meant for her...

Little did these bundles of joy know, about the hell that was about to break loose. Yes, it was, as Abdullah had predicted, calm before the storm.

As her eyes scanned the magnificent stage glorified by chrysanthemums and scarlett Roses, decored by intricate gold patterns, sudden guilt filled her chest, making her nauseous as the realisation she has been running away from. Hit her;

.She was eloping.

Aazeen was running away from her own wedding.

Closing her eyes, she savoured her last moments in the place she once called home; more recently, a hell-hole. Inhaling the fragrance of fresh musk deeply, more tears brimmed her swollen eyes

There was a sight, however which caused Aazeen to smile in spite of all the emotional chaos she was going through;

Muskaan Abdullah Khan

Sitting ever so delicately, with a powerful aura of innocence surrounding her, the beauty attracted all. Her gold-studded embrodiary mottled with mustard flowed ever so elegantly down her traditional Lehnga. It was no doubt she stood out significantly .

Knowing Muskaan has Loved Harris the first time she has opened her hazel eyes, Aazeen felt an accomplishment on enjoining the two love-birds together.

Recalling the memories from last week, a small giggle erupted from her lips, reminiscing the look of utter desperation and horror across Muskaan' face when Harris' family had proposed to Aazeen, when it was her beloved sister that was in love with the Man. Aazeen, because of her own love story, had rejected Harris' proposal. Remembering the entire week Aazeen had spent, desperately pleading her little sister to take her place in marrige, not only to unite the sisters with their soulmates, but also to save the Khan' reputation and pride from drowning any further.

Fulfilling her expectations, Muskaan hadn't agreed. The woman was to pure and naive for her own benenfit. Without any hesitation, Aazeen switched to her last resort.

.Suicide.

Only when Aazeen had resorted to murdering herself was when the women had desperately pleaded her to save her life in exchange of her replacement in marrige. She recalled her innocent hazel orbs widen with immense shock and disbelief as tears pooled her doe-like eyes; streaming down her flawless face. Her hands clamped together begging her elder sister to save her life; Aazeen smiled in peace, knowing her attempts weren't futile.

Unintentionally, her eyes flickered towards her Father, clad in a black tuxedo surrounded by an aura screaming dominance. A sudden pained expression caved in his face and that moment, Aazeen knew he knows. Abdullah always knew.

Utter remorse filled her chest as memories of her beloved father flooded back, weighing heavier than tons. How his cold, icy glare would to soften to of love and affection at the sight of his beautiful wife and daughters- Naina, Muskaan and Aazeen. His delicate yet promising goodnight and morning kisses. The loud roar of laughter echoing through the hallway on the silliest of jokes. The change in his demeanour when with family contrasting to when working in the office. The way he walked with his head high, as if carrying all burdens of the seven skies, masking away all frustration. To all the times she would cuddle in his protective arms, feeling ultimate bliss, away from all evil.

But most of all how he supported and protected them, finding Roses when life gave Thorns.

He was her hero. And would always remain.

Aazeen had a sudden urge to wrap her delicate arms around her father, burying her face deep in his neck, inhaling the fragrance of old wood and musk, oblivious to all difficulties she witnessed alone. To cry out her frustrations, feeling him run a soothing hand down her silky hair. Telling her everything would be okay, even if it wouldn't. But knowing the look of disappointment that would flash across his handsome face when he finds about his Cherised daughters antics, she ignored the sudden outburst of emotions.

'How ironic' she chided herself 'Your name means laughter and here you stand, crying oceans on your wedding. Well, supposedly yours.'

But that's the beauty of life, my love. It never goes the way we predict it. When we expect flowers, we receive prickling thorns. When everything seems impossible, God showers us with the most mesemerizing Roses ever witnessed. God always has a greater plan for you. Always...

.Learn to accept than to expect.

For the first time, she contemplated on her reckless decision of leaving behind a loving family who promised her; every treasure discovered; protection from difficulties that would befall her; sacrisfices from all difficulties that would befall her; to make her smile despite all obstacles; shower her with Roses when she thought life was thorns; and mostly, treat her nothing less than a Queen, promising her the utmost adoration and respect.

There was still time to make everything rig-

"You okay Aazeen? Look at me" a husky voice broke her out of the train of thoughts as she whirled towards the Handsome Man, that even after years, caused butterflies to flutter in her stomach. The Man who she was running away with: Asghar Sher Uthmaan

"Let's elope"