The Good In Change {{Alice/Hermione}}

World
A Riverdale with the parents still in High School (I count this as an A/U situation fitting in here because we don't know about their HS time, even though technically after the happenings of that story the Riverdale we know and love could still be existing  

~~~~~~~~~~*****~~~~~~~~~~

  Summary: Alice meets Hermione, who in turn changes her whole life  

~~~~~~~~~~*****~~~~~~~~~~

Alice had never spared any thought about getting out off the Southside and her home, wanted to put on the leather jacket associated with their biker gang for as long as she can remember. And when she finally did, just days after her sixteenth birthday, her parents had completely freaked and taken her out off school to enroll her at Riverdale High. They, quite frankly don't want her being part of the criminal side of living on the Southside and Alice doesn't care for her parents opinion. All her friends are at Southside High, the boy the thinks she has a crush on is at Southside High and she's afraid none of those want to have to do anything with her anymore when she's going to the better school, becoming a better person. It sounds exactly like a plan the mind of a pissed off sixteen year old would come up with, but she's determined to get kicked out off the establishment as soon as possible.

Part of that plan includes walking into the front doors of Riverdale High on her first day, clad in her Serpent jacket over a low-cut black shirt, paired with jeans shorts and a pair of boots she'd lifted from her mother's closet in the morning, behaving like she owned the place. She doesn't fit in one bit appearance wise and she will definitively not make her self fit in in any other capacity either. She doesn't need all those stuck up people thinking they're better than her just because they grew up in beautiful big houses on the respected part of town. She doesn't plan on staying long among them anyway and, if for some reason she ended up attending his place for the next two years, she has no intention of making any friends. Not that any Northsider would want to be friends with her anyway.

Her parents had begged her to try to make this work. Graduating at Riverdale High held way more appeal than graduating at Southside High and it would open her a lot more doors for her future – for the future her parents want her to have. They'd tried to reason with her that, maybe, she would even find a nice boy that would get her out off the Southside for good. Alice had laughed at them, told them flat out she was going to marry FP Jones when they were old enough and take over the Serpents from his father, because that is the life she want to have and not become one of the stuck up people that look down at them right now.

There is exactly nothing and no one that could ever be able to change her mind, until she bumps into Hermione. Alice is preoccupied with her mental list of people she doesn't want to get to know and people she * definitively * doesn't want to get to know, when a slender brunette drops her books just mere inches from the blonde's foot. When she follows long legs and a designer dress up towards the person she ran over, she's met with a pretty face and dark eyes. Beautiful dark eyes that don't hold the expression Alice had come to expect. Rather than being angry for being bumped into, the other girl looks surprised and kind enough, that Alice finds herself apologizing for not watching were she was going. It's the exact thing Alice told herself just seconds ago she would not do.

And then the pretty brunette surprises * her *. "Don't apologize, it was my fault after all" It could just as easily be the truth, since Alice has absolutely no idea what had actually happened, which in turn makes her believe it had not been the brunette's fault at all. "I'm Hermione, by the way" The other girl introduces herself while kneeling down to stack her books and papers together.

"Alice" She's so taken aback by the situation, that she doesn't even notice that she comes off rude probably. It's what she had wanted to be just minutes earlier, but something about this Hermione startled her. Hadn't the girl seen her outfit? Hadn't the girl noticed the leather jacket she's proudly wearing? Didn't the girl know she's supposed to look down in disgust on Serpents and people from the trailer park? Maybe not all Northsiders were like the ones Alice had come to know, with their noses high up in the air and no nice word toward a lowly Southsider. "You're not like the other Northsiders. You're actually nice"