Worries, Love and Boys

"Drake speed up. You drive slower than my grandmother."
There was so much traffic but I didn't want to be late. We make it off the highway and into neighborhoods when all of a sudden, six baby ducklings walk across the road. He stops suddenly.
"Ayie I don't want to run over the precious little animals. Don't worry we'll get there soon. We won't be late."

We are fifteen minutes away from school so to break the silence he starts to talk. "So, did you like staying at my house last night?" He begins to smile.

"Of course I did Drake. I loved it. You have a nice place." He laughs.
"You've said that many times Ayie." He takes my hand in his. There's something I need to tell you Ayie" I look at him. I search his eyes. They seem to be nervous. "This is hard for me to tell you Ayie, because I care for you deeply. I...I like you Ayie. More than anyone on this earth. And I didn't want to tell you because I was afraid you'd hate me." His face is flushed with red and he looks embarrassed. I touch his shoulder.

"Drake thank you for telling me this. I like you too. To be completely honest I've been in love with you for years now, but I didn't want to say anything either."
He breathes deeply. "Oh thank goodness you feel the same way as me! Would you.....like to go on a date with me? I'd love it if you would."
I think for a moment. "Yes Drake. I would love to!
He smiles and drives into the school parking lot. He parks the car perfectly.  "Stay here, sweetie." I laugh at this.
"Drake! Just because you've admitted your feelings torwards me doesn't mean you need to call me nicknames like that yet! We haven't even gone on a date yet."
He gets out of the car with a smirk on his face. He opens the door for me. "Thank you kind sir."
He winks at me. "Anytime munchkin." I trip over hearing this. "Drake stop. Not funny." I giggle. We go in and to our classes.
"See you at lunch sweetie?"
I smile at him. "See you then."
I murmur under my breath. "My love."

"Anna give it back!"
I hear James yell to Anna. I am seated at our usual lunch table with my friends Anna, James, Tyler and Rebecca. Drake isn't here yet. I decide to take matters into my own hands.
"Anna give James his phone back."
She frowns. "Oh you guys are no fun! I was just looking at his Facebook page."
James jumps up and grabs his phone out of her hand. "Don't be on my page. That's illegal." James is the smart one. He loves Law and Science studies. Anna rolls her eyes. They almost were to the back of her head. "Show me a law that says I can't and I won't smartie."
Anna is a partier. She loves dancing, partying, jumping, sugar and phones. She doesn't take much seriously.
"Tyler wake up sleepy head!"
Tyler bolts awake. Anna could wake any person up because she's super loud.
"Anna I need my rest." He lays his head back down on his book. She yanks the book from under him. "You sleep enough in class. You need more spunk in your life dude." James speaks up.
"Anna I don't believe that spunk is a word. Maybe you could say excitement." She growls. "Don't you dare tell me how to speak child. I have my own language. I don't abide by your rules sir." Oh boy. When Anna gets fired up, by heck she gets fired up. I feel the need to step in and take charge again. "Ok Anna calm down. Let's not argue guys." Rebecca says something. I wasn't able to hear what it was until I was done talking.
"I'm sorry what did you say Rebecca?"
She speaks a little louder. She is a very shy and timid person.
"I said where is Drake at? His class must have been long."
"Here I am" I jump up. He smirks. "Did I scare you sweetie?" He suddenly digs his hands into my side. "Oops I scared you again sorry."
Anna looks up at him and looks confused. "Sweetie? Wait. Are you two together?!"
I look at Drake and he looks at me back. I think how to answer this question. "Yes we sort of are. We're going on our first date sometime."
Drake whispers into my ear when no one is looking. "I need to discuss that with you later. Meet me at my locker ok?" I chuckle.
"Sure babe." He laughs a little too loudly. "Alright see you then Ayie." He puts his arm around me. Though I like this I feel a little uncomfortable and I start to stiffen up. He puts his arm back to his side. "I'm so sorry Ayie. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."
I smile at him softly. "Its ok darling. I know you mean well. I'm just trying to take in all of this." He nods his head. "I get it. I completely understand."

We sit and eat. As I eat I couldn't help thinking about what I was going to say to my parents. I still had to tell them where I was last night. I texted my mom last night and this morning. I also left a note of where I was. Nothing happened. We slept in separate rooms. I don't know how my dad will take it. Here we go.

After all of my classes end, I meet Drake at his locker. "Hey you." I say with a grin. He smiles down at me. Drake is 5'8. He always looks down at me because I'm 5'1.
"Hi beautiful. So I wanted to ask you when you want to go on our first date. Have any plans tomorrow night?"
I think. "I'll need to check my schedule Drake." He nods his head. "Ok I'm willing to wait. I waited this long for you so there's no reason I can't wait a little while longer." I hug him tightly. I whisper in his ear. "Drake you know I adore you right?" He nods his head again. He whispers back. "Yes I know you do and I adore you. You're the reason I get up every day Ayie."
I smile and release my arms from his. "You taking me home?"
He smirks. "Don't I always?"
I go to my locker and get my books. Well it's time to go home. And face my parents.

I arrive at my house. Drake stops the car smoothly right in front of my house. "I'll text you when I know I'm free ok?" I tell him. He looks into my eyes. "Alright. See you later Ayie!"
I look back as I walk up the sidewalk. "Bye Drake."
I open the front door. I yell so everyone can hear me. I'm home everyone!"
Sharyn greets me with a short hug. "Mom and Dad are home and they're not very happy. They were worried about you Ayie."
I shake my head. Well it's time to face the music. This is not going to be easy.