5. Sam and Kat's Aniversary party!

You haven't seen or spoken to Colby in seven months now. You were still hurt and heart broken over him. If you thought about it long enough, you'd still cry but you had two amazing friends who were always there when you needed them... Sam and Kat!

They had been together for three years now and were having a party to celebrate their anniversary. You were obviously invited and accepted without a second thought. Only after, you realised, Colby will be there...

You got to LA and were staying with Katrina for the three weeks you were staying there for. It was the day of the party and you were so excited for Sam and Kat but you couldn't be more nervous.

Arriving at the hotel they booked for their party was nerve racking but you had to just deal with it. It's your two best friends' anniversary. You needed to be there.

It was beautifully decorated. There was lilies and roses everywhere and champagne being passed around the room from waiters with trays. It was glamorous and the most important thing was that you could see how happy Sam and Kat were. It made you smile.

The room was filling with people. Some you knew and some you didn't know. Brennen and his girlfriend came in and rushed to you and hugged you. You talked for a couple of minutes, then big Nik came in, then Elton and Amanda, Corey and Devyn and Aaron and Jake. The whole gang was there... apart from one person. Colby Brock.

No one said anything when he walked into the hall. They all looked at him and waved, then looked back at you, making sure you were okay. You weren't but you put on the act that you couldn't care less that he was there.

Colby walked over to say hi to his friends and then finally looked at you and his smile dropped from his face. You smiled politely at him, causing his smile to reappear onto his face.

You thought to yourself, there he is. Colby Brock. A mere metre away from you. The man who broke your heart. The man who cheated on you. The man who still held your heart and wouldn't be returning it to you anytime soon. And he was staring into your eyes. Both of you standing awkwardly silent.

You battled with your inner self. Should you hey hello to him? Should you raise your middle finger to him and show him how much you really hated him? Should you pretend you forgot what he done to you and be clueless of the pains you felt because of him and clueless to how much you still loved him?

"Hi, Y/N." You heard, breaking you from your deep thoughts.

"Colby... hi..." well there goes the forgetting him plan!

"You're here... I had no idea you were coming tonight." He said.

"They are my best friends. Why wouldn't I be here?"

Everyone felt the tension between Colby and you. They began to spread. Trying to get as far away as they could from the awkwardness that you and Colby had created between yourselves.

"Right... of course. You're right! You were always the smart one out of us." He chuckled.

You smiled back at him. Seeing his smile always made you smile back at him. It was so beautiful. So perfect. You loved seeing it. Even now, when you hadn't seen him for so many months. You still loved his smile.

"I missed that smile," he suddenly said. You were shocked but your smile grew.

"You always knew how to make me smile," you were finally seeing the Colby Brock you always loved.

The man standing before you wasn't the man who cheated on you. He was the one you met almost two years ago. He was back and so was the uncontrollable love you felt for him.