It's All The Same

"Albus!" Sophie exclaimed, running down the hallway to see Albus. He sighed and turned her way.

"What?" he questioned, pursing his lips at the sight of the gorgeous girl in front of him.

"So, earlier today, I saw you drooling over someone!" Sophie whispered excitedly, a beaming expression on her face.

"Whoever you think I was 'drooling' over, y-"

"You know he was a cute boy, just not my type," Sophie giggled. Albus' eyes grew wide and he grabbed her arm, pulling them to the corner of the hallway.

"How do you... I'm not... I'm not... I swear that I'm not-"

"Gay? Albus, I know you."

"You're not... upset?"

Sophie scoffed. "Have you met Katie? She's like Magnus Bane from Shadowhunters!" The confused glance of Albus' face was enough for her to sigh. "It's a muggle thing." Albus rolled his eyes.

"You're not disapproving?"

"I don't care if you're gay, Albus! I want you to tell me these things! I'm always here for you! Tell me everything!"

"Ok, well, to that guy, I lost my-"

"Wait, wait, wait! You're fifteen!"

"I know it... it just kinda happened over the summer. Lily was out with a friend, James was with you, Mum and Dad were gone so I had him over... one thing led to another..."

"And you lost-"

"Soph, I would like you not to tell James! I don't know how to." Albus sighed.

"I could tell him for you," Sophie offered. "I'm serious, Al."

"Would you...?"

"Of course, Albus! You're my soon-to-be brother-in-law."

"You're engaged?"

"What, no? It'll work out don't worry."

---

"Hey, Jamie..." Sophie began as she sat down next to him in the common room, her legs folded, the fire breaking the silence set between the two of them.

"Are you alright?"

"Um, yeah, I'm fine." Sophie nodded. "I just... I needed to talk to you...." Sophie said slowly.

James ran his hair through his hair, his eyes wide. "Oh... oh no. I-I knew I should've been more careful. Oh, your dad is going to kill me."

"What are you talking about?".

"Over the summer when we... some weeks... I should've known... Oh, Merlin's Beard... I-I don't think I'm ready. N-nine months won't be enough time. Oh, God, no. I-I-I-"

"Jamie I'm not pregnant!"

"Ohthankgod," James huffed quickly. Sophie rolled her eyes.

"I wanted to talk to you... about Al..." Sophie began. "Al-Albus wanted me to tell you... Albus is..." She looked down.

"What?" James asked. His eyes grew wide again. "He didn't get someone else-"

"Do you want a baby or something?!"

"What? God no! Just... been thinking ever since your dad said not to."

"No! Al is... Albus is gay."

James paused. A silence fell between them, the words stabbing his heart.

"No. H-he can't be."

"Jamie... he is."