First Day On The Job

BEEP . . .
BEEP . . .
BEEP . . .
SLAM!

I open my weary eyes trying hard to stay awake. Today is my first day at work. I am 17 years old and I work as a police officer. My father is the sheriff so that is one reason why I work at a young age. I get up and take a nice hot shower.

"Wait sweetie before you go let me take a picture" my mom says as I get ready to leave. "Ok" I say and try to do a serious but good looking pose and the photo came out looking like this.

I give her a good bye hug and get in my car

I give her a good bye hug and get in my car. I drive off to work being a little nervous since it's my first day. When I walk in this guy walks up to me saying "well you must be Matthew, I'm Derick your partner" he puts his hand out offering a handshake. Derick had dark brown curly hair that was medium length, his eyes were brown while in his left eye he had a speck of green. He had a little dimple when he smiled and he seemed like the type of guy that everyone loves. I shake his hand while saying "yep that's me it's nice to meet you" "nice to meet you too" he says, "let me give you a tour". He shows me every room and introduces me to many people. Most of them were nice except Julian. He was well . . . Let's just say he is not use to newcomers. Julian had short black hair and icy blue eyes. He wasn't that social type. When Derick tried to introduce me to him, Julian just rolled his eyes and went back to work. He was young too. He was about a year older then me though. I walk in my office and my dad walks in. "Everything ok so far?" He ask. "Yes" I tell him, "It's all good" my dad smiles and walks out of my office. I have a feeling that today won't be so bad.

When I get home my mother places dinner for me and my father. "How was your first day?" She asks me. "Good" I say as I take a bite out of my steak. We continue to talk about work before I decide to get to bed. Tomorrow is going to be the same as last time. At least I hope it is.