Do Over Childhood

Dillon

Water, twice a day. A roll, every evening. I tried to run out the door once, I woke up what seemed like hours later, blood running down my cheek. I lost my voice screaming for help. I've given up now. When they come in I stay in the corner, my face hidden. This evening though, they asked me a question.

"Did he tell you about Kelli?"

"K- Kelli? No- I-" Not answering earned me a hard slap across the face.

"A robbery. Anything about a robbery?"

"Well- I don't- I don't know much.."

"LIAR!" He roars. "HE TOOK ALL I HAD!"

Tears streaming down my face I ask, "Why me? What did I do?"

Another slap. He bends down close "And now I'm taking all he has."

Allison

I let out a huge yawn. I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open, but somehow I managed. My blue laptop was in front of me.

Richard Rawford.

I found about a million results. I didn't think I was going to find it until..

Rawford, On the search results pops up a massive house, with a really nice car in the driveway. He was only arrested once, some incident at a party when he was 17.

I know I shouldn't, but I just can't help myself. I type in the words, Levi Harris. And there his mugshot is, a smug smile on his lips and shaggy hair nearly covering his eyes. I click on a link, wondering what he was arrested for. Arson, twice, but theft, many times.

"Wha--"

I hear footsteps behind me. " Hey Alli I- " I try to close the site, before he sees but I'm too slow "What's that?"

"N-Nothing... Nothing. " I close my laptop.

"You-" He says slowly, and then looking straight at me, he says angrily, "You looked at my damn file!"

I hang my head and shake it. " I'm sorry. It wasn't any of my business looking at it. I was searching for anything about Richard... I'm sorry. I'll forget I ever saw it. "

"Yeah." He says looking away.

" I'm still gonna let you stay here, and I'm not gonna look at you any differently, you know. "

He just shakes his head. "Night."

" Goo- wait. What were you gonna say when you first walked in? "

"I was wondering when your dad was coming home."

" Uh I think two months. Maybe one and a half. "

"And your mom?"

" A Month. "

"And did you find anything about Rawford?"

" Nice house and car. He was arrested once when he was seventeen, some incident at a party. "

"Okay. Well, you look really tired, you should get some sleep."

" But I barely found out anything, Levi.... " I whine.

"Night." Is all he says, closing my door as he walks out.

I sigh and open back my laptop. I'm not done with my research just yet.

Levi

She's just sitting there, a bloody gash on her cheek. Her skin is pale and she's extremely skinny. Her eyes snap over to where I stand. "It's all your fault." She says, on the verge of tears. "I hate you." Before I have a chance to say anything, the ground opens up. And she falls into the dark hole.