Glass & Graves

Allison

I woke up to a puppy licking my face and the smell of burnt waffles.

" Call Levi and see if he wants breakfast. " Krissy tells me.

" K... " I dial his number. " Hey, Levi, Krissy made breakfast and if you wanted to come eat we can come pick you up. "

"That'd be great." He says over the phone. " See you in five?"

" K. See ya. " I hang up and tell Krissy.

Levi

After a few minutes Krissy pulls up with no Alli. She was wearing a blue tank that matches her hair and grey shorts, her hair was in a ponytail.

" Hey, loser. "

"Blue." I say hopping into the front seat.

She laughs. " So original. " She drives us off towards her house.

We drive for a while in silence until she says, " Would you rather stay at my house? That's my house so we don't have to worry about my parents and they're not gonna be back for months. You don't have to but I think it'd be more comfortable and yeah... "

"It's okay. Thanks though." I say looking out the window. The top of the convertible was up.

" Okay. The invitations always there though. " She tells me, pulling up in the driveway.

We get out and walk in to see breakfast laid out on the table. Alli walks out of the hall. Her hair was in a messy bun and she was wearing a light purple see through tank and a white tank under that with denim shorts.

"Looks good Alli." I say referring to the food spread out on the table.

" Krissy made it. I just put it on the table. " She admits, sitting down.

" What do you want to drink, Levi? " Krissy asks.

"Waters fine, thanks Krissy."

" Uh huh. " She opens the cabinet and reaches for a cup but she drops it and let's out a yelp. " Mmm! " She stomps her foot and blood comes out of her hand. The puppies run off because of the sound and hide.

" Krissy! Are you okay? " Alli gets up and walks to her.

" Stop.... I'm fine. She pulls out a piece of the glass from her hand and goes to the bathroom and shuts the door.

" Better clean this up.... Levi? Check on her? " Alli grabs the broom and dust pan.

I knock on the door. "Krissy? Are you okay?"

" Peachy. " She says. I hear the water turn on and her squeak.

"Open up."

" I'm fine. " I here the water faintly and then it turns off.

"I don't believe you."

I hear the door click open and she's holding a towel to her hand.

I lift it off carefully. "Oh, that's pretty bad."

" I said I'm fine. It doesn't hurt that bad anymore. " She bites her bottom lip lightly.

"I still don't believe you."

" How do I make you believe me? "

"I just want to make sure your okay."

" I am. " Her eyes are glassy but she looks away.

"You don't always have to be tough. I know it hurts. You don't have to hide it."

" It doesn't hurt! " She insists, looking down.