Chapter 11 (B)

--- Flashback continued ---

Perturbed, Tessa stepped back from Scott. Her body began to tremble, and she turned her back to him. 

"Tessa, wait - come back." 

She didn't budge. Not when he touched her shoulders, not when he drew her in. Not when he whispered, "Please don't cry." 

He stroked her soft hair, "Hey, you didn't let me finish." 

"I don't want to hear it." 

"I think you do, Tess." 

Alarmed, she turned to face him, patient. 

"You see, Tessa, I don't like you. I can't like you when I skate here with you thinking about how beautiful you are. I can't say I like you when my heart beats out of my chest, worried that something will happen to you. Worried that I might hurt you. Worried that you might be hurt. I know I'm rambling here, but Tessa, none of what I feel is of liking you. And I don't want to scare you, but Tess -"

He pulled her in, so he could feel her. 

"Tessa, I love you."

They held on to each other, and he could feel the temperature drop in her small body. He never forgot how cold she became when she was upset.

--- Present ---

"Scott?"

Tessa waited for him to regain awareness. 

"Tess, you were such a courageous child, so headstrong. You were so unapologetic about how you felt about me. I saw that change. Are you sure you want to do this? Are you sure you don't just want to leave?" 

"Scott, I'm in this. Just because I may be reserved sometimes does not mean I won't fight for you. We're announcing our relationship." 

Persephone tapped her pen, "I think it's time to talk about 2008."

--- 2008 ---

It had been five hours of training, and they couldn't seem to master their last lift.

"One last try?" He asked Tessa.

"One last time. We can do this." She smiled at him.

As she spun around his head, her legs became airy. Everything after became a blur.

Tessa stopped moving. They froze in time, as her face pained. He carried her limp body to the bleachers, as he called the ambulance.

...

This isn't 221B Baker St, (if you caught that reference, bless your soul), but 11B etched itself inside of Scott. What would become of them? Thank you again for reading, I hope you enjoy the 2008 mystery unravel itself. Once again, feel free to share anything VirtueMoir below, and don't hesitate to ask me anything!

  Twitter: twitter.com/CelestialHolmes