Death Wish by @Potterhead_137

It had been one minute since Neville had set out to meet Voldemort in the forest, willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good.

Neville walked slowly towards the middle of the Forbidden Forest, twigs snapping under his feet. After ten minutes of walking, he came to a stop at the clearing, where Voldemort was waiting with Harry Potter.

"You came, Longbottom," said Voldemort, when he saw Neville, who said nothing.

Rising up slowly from the ground, Voldemort pointed his wand at Neville. "You have caused trouble for me for far too long, and now it's time to kill you." 3

"Not so fast, Voldemort," said Neville, pulling out his wand. "I won't be the one to fall. It will be you who does."

The two of them paused and looked at each other straight in the eye, then—

"Avada Kedavra!"

"Expelliarmus!" 

As red met green, a stunning golden light formed in the center.

"YOU KNOW YOU CAN NEVER WIN ME, LONGBOTTOM!" shouted Voldemort.

And suddenly Neville's wand was shaking so hard that he had to grab it with both hands.

"It's about time for the dark to stop killing so mercilessly!" yelled Neville. "I'm not doing this for myself—I'm doing this for everyone!"

And suddenly, Neville felt a strong surge of power go from his veins and into his wand. Thin black light—Dark magic—wrapped around the red light, Neville's spell. As more Dark magic left Neville's body into his wand, his spell grew stronger and stronger.

"Wh-what is this?!" roared Voldemort. "What kind of magic is this?"

And for the first time, Lord Voldemort sounded fearful.

And then Neville remembered everything.

"This is Dark Magic, taught to me by your very own servant, Severus Snape!" bellowed Neville through the noise. 

"LIAR!" shouted Voldemort. Power surged out of his body and into his wand. 

"You know you won't win this time, Tommy," said Neville, ignoring Voldemort. "Give up. You'll never kill anyone again, and I'll make sure that you won't!"

And yet again, power surged out of Nevile's body and into his wand, enhancing his spell.

Voldemort's eyes widened in fear as the golden light slowly inched closer towards him. Neville concentrated, pouring all of his magic power into his spell, forcing the golden light to move closer to Voldemort.

It was anger. Anger gave Neville power. He was angry, not just at Voldemort but at Harry Potter too. His parents had been killed mercilessly because of Voldemort.

Yes, Neville was furious. His anger came out of him, giving his spell more and more power. For a second, his eyes glowed dark red, and his pupils turned black.

Voldemort was petrified in fear. Before him stood the boy who he once thought would've been easy to defeat. And now...he was losing to that very boy.

Neville forced more anger to enter his wand and into his spell. There was so much anger inside him that he knew it would never run out. 

"Not this time, Tommy," murmured Neville. "You've taken far too many lives; now it's my turn to take yours."

The golden light was now in contact with Voldemort's wand. He took a step back in fear, but it was no use. Voldemort was engulfed in the light, and his wand went spinning out of his hand.