Chapter 2: I'm the New Manager

Class ended quicker than expected to Midoriko who was yawning the whole entire time. She was a little excited to see how the first day of practice would run but she knew not much would happen today since it was barely the first day.

'If i am correct she will probably just scan them and later on test them with a mini game, she is recruiting after all and i will just have to read them right?' The girl thought to herself as she heard the teacher begin to dismiss the students after the bell had rung.

Midoriko got up from her chair quickly and began to walk straight towards the gym. She didnt want to be late to her first day in her new team, but she also didnt want to be there too early.

Before heading towards the gym Midoriko, however, stopped to buy some drinks for the coach and herself before stopping in a snack machine and buying some melon bread for herself.

She made her way towards the gym just in time to hear some freshmen saying how cute coach was and that "only if she was a bit more sexy..."

As soon as she entered the gym she saw a guy with glasses punch two first year kids on the head with closed fists as he yelled out "Idiots, your wrong!"

Midoriko however didnt put much attention to that as she walked closer to the coach for the shorter female to notice her.

"Midoriko~ You're late~!" Riko said in a creepy way that made chills run through her spine.

"Sorry coach, got lost, and on the way i brought you a drink!" Midoriko quickly said as she could easily notice the girl was angry at her tardiness.

"Just because it's the first day i'll let it slip, you have to be here in time!" Riko replied as she gave a sigh to the green haired girl. "Ready for introductions?"

"Ready as I'll ever be..." Midoriko replied as she saw the girl look at the group of boys and begin to talk confidently.

"I am the boys Basketball Club's coach, Aida Riko. Nice to meet you!"

"Eeeeehhhh!? You're not the manager?" Midoriko was beyond amused at how simple minded the new recruits were. She couldnt help but smile lightly at their surprise.

"It's not that guy!?" they all yelled in harmony

"That's our club advisor Takeda-Sensei!" Riko replied smiling at them.

'Guess i'll take that as my chance to speak up...'

"That would be me. I am the new Manager." Midoriko spoke up as soon as they finished gaping like fishes out of the water.

Everyones eyes landed on the taller girl with shoulder length hair, that was in many layers, as she walked closer to their coach.

"Huh? I didnt know we had a manager..." The guy with glasses pipped up as he looked at coach with a raised eyebrow.

"We didnt until now~!" Riko replied with a huge smiled as she looked at Midoriko for her to keep going.

"My name is Midoriko Hanna, it's a honor to meet you." Midoriko finished with a polite bow.

"Hello/Hey" the group of boys replied some with a small hand wave and others just with words.

"Starting today Midoriko-san will help us out with tranings and other things understood!? Take good care of her!" Riko yelled out as she smiled widely. "Now, Take off your shirts!"

"Eeehhh!? Why!?" All the first years, except two, yelled out in shock as they looked at their new coach who had a devilish smirk.

Although they had complained, none went against her order and soon all had their shirts off.

'Hmm, i've never tried seeing anyone like this before, however, this way now i noiced better that they do have good performances and stats, especially that foreign kid. Kagami Taiga was it?' Midoriko thought as she turned to looked at everyones suprised looks on their faces on what the coach was saying and on what Hyuuga, the glasses guy, was i nforming them about Riko.

However he stopped once he noticed how she had stopped in front of Kagami and begin to drool.

'So she noticed him too...' Midoriko thought as she looked around to see the rest of the recruits.

Her eyes landed right on a boy with baby blue hair, although he was looking attentively at everyone he kept his eyes on Kagami, the boy with wierd eyebrows, as if making a choice.

"A new light." Midoriko murmured to herself as she removed her eyes from him and looked at the other freshmen.

'Furihata Kouki... His intelligence is at a medium level right now, but if you keep working on him he'll surely have the same intelligance as any professional player.

'The other two first years have potential, however they seem to be at their peaks...'

Mirdoiko's thought of train stopped suddenly by a loud yell from their coach and she quickly turned her head around to notice the same boy with powder blue hair standing in front of her,raising his hand while saying "I am Kuroko."

'So she didnt see him huh... No one did...' Midoriko thought as she ignored everyone's chatter and looked at the boy closer up. 'He has low physical stats and he seems to be at his peak too... However...'

"Wait... take off your shirt!" Riko yelled as Kuroko turned away from the other players to look at her.

"Eh? Even though i just put it on?" Kuroko replied but did what was told nonetheless.

"!" Riko's eyes went wide with surprise as she began to read the boys stats.

After reading him thoroughly she allowed him to put his shirt on and let practice end at that. Before anyone had left the gym, Midoriko had went with coach to grab an application which she had to bring back tomorrow, according to coachs demand and right after that she left walking home ready to see what tomorrow would bring... or so she hoped.